“Superb as usual” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Superb as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been every year since Ramola and Mary first arrived. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and always spotlessly clean. They have excellent wifi and are in a great location. They will serve you breakfast outside of their normal hours if you need it and were great when our arrival was delayed due to an accident on the M25. We have reserved our favourite room again for next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Pontypool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I thoroughly recommend this B&B. I've stayed twice now and will always try here first before booking anywhere else in Brighton.

It's nice to find somewhere run by friendly, welcoming people who obviously care a great deal about running an excellent B&B and their guests' experience there.

My room was spotlessly clean and tidy, nice and spacious and had a nice sea view (from the side of the bay window, but was a real and full sea view in my book). It was very comfortable, quiet and I slept well.

It's no walk at all to the beach and was about 10 mins away from our conference at the Brighton Centre.

This time I stayed in the Pier Room but I have also stayed in the Studio which was also great. I'll definitely stay again and prefer this B&B to anywhere else I have stayed in Brighton.

(no pool or fitness but I can't get Tripadvisor to remove the stars :/)

Room Tip: The Pier Room and The Studio were both just right. Plenty of space for two for a week long stay in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would recommend One Broad Street 100%.

Great location (about five yards from the sea front), lovely staff (esp Ramola and Mary of course!), comfortable beds and probably the best french toast breakfast (cinnamon! bacon! fresh blueberries!) I've had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We only had one night here, but it is obvious that these ladies have put a lot of thought and effort into creating an excellent b&b experience. The combination of great location, efficient but very friendly hosts, and spotlessly clean rooms means we need look no further for somewhere to stay in Brighton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at One Broad Street and when returning tom Brighton in the furture, I would not bother looking for an alternative B&B, as this is lovely. Superb location- we had a room with partial sea views, from which we enjoyed watching the whel go round! Ramola is always helpful with finding parking and the parking vouchers purchased from the B&B are always much cheaper than any other car park in Brighton (about £8 for 24 hours.)
The compact rooms are bright, clean and fresh with everything you want when you are away - good lighting, mirrors for makeup, chairs to sit in, comfy beds, hairdryer and nice White Company toiletries in bathrooms. Breakfast is lovely- you order exactly what you want the night before- and I love that there are vegetarian sausages! Raomola and Mary are always chatting and welcoming and on our last visit, everyone at breakfast gave the impression they were return customers, which I think says a lot. The location is excellent and since staying at Broad Street, we have discovered the delights of a wander around Kemptown, which is a part of Brighton we had presviously missed.
I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again and if I ran a B&B myself, this is exactly how I would do it!

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wow! Sometimes reviews can be misleading... but everything said about One Broad Street is true. Great location just off the beach by the Pier. Fabulous white CLEAN rooms and breakfast to die for. Honest. You won't need to eat again until the evening. Ramola and Mary really CARE about their guests. I was pleasantly surprised that the place was FULL when we stayed on a Mon and Tues. And they are 'foodies' too, eager to share their love of Brighton with you!

Room Tip: pay that bit extra and go for the bigger rooms. well worth it.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Mary and Ramola put their heart and soul into running this lovely B&B and it really shows. They want you to have a great stay and take pride in their business. It is a fantastically organised and well run accommodation. The rooms are spotlessly clean and breakfast is perfection. We didn't want to leave. Oh, and Ramola's Granola is so tasty, and good for you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beachfront King Room 2 which could be a little noisy at night as it is at the front...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to One Broad Street Guesthouse? Share your experiences!