“Fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
If booked directly
Ranked #12 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
York
“Fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just had a great stay at One Broad Street. Right from the moment we arrived, Ramola and Mary were the perfect hosts and the room was the cleanest we have experienced in a B&B for a long time. The little touches previously mentioned by other reviewers were also welcome, we were especially grateful for the sweeties after a long journey! Breakfast each morning was delicious, my husband went for the cooked breakfast each day, while I tried out Mary's special french toast and blueberries one day, followed by the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs the next. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend One Broad Street to anyone visiting Brighton and we will definitely stay here again next time we are visiting.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beachfront Room which had a lovely view of the sea and Brighton Wheel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is one of the best B & B's we've ever stayed at! Ramola and Mary are so welcoming and helpful. They both gave good advice on where we could go and see and also recommendations on where to eat and drink. The rooms are of an excellent standard and have lots of special little touches that make it a outstanding place to stay. As for breakfast, the best we've ever had!!! We WILL be coming back again and we'll definitely recommend you to friends and family!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at One Broad Street for my wedding anniversary. The room was fantastic (we stayed in The Studio). Mary & Ramola were absolutely lovely, so thoughtful & friendly. Knowing it was our anniversary they had left a card & a box of chocolates in our room. And the attention to detail (White Company toiletries, water & sweets in your room) make it really rather special . The breakfast was amazing & all locally sourced produced was used. I would recommend heartily and we will definately be going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I don't think a hotel let alone a b&b would ever encourage me to one of these 'forums'(?).
Arrived for a weekend with my girlfriend. Both Ramola and Mary were very welcoming and the Breakfast would have won me over on its own. We chose to go in the flat at the top and were very pleased with our room. It was immaculate and very cosy, the bathroom was a dream and I can't say I've slept in a comfier bed in my life. The BREAKFAST, WOOF! Literally the best selection, full english, veggie and even salmon! On our arrival Ramola went into very precise detail showing us where we should go, where the places I'd planned to go were and other useful bits of info...mainly about the seagulls!
I have to recommend quickly the ice skating in the brighton centre, funniest thing ever. To finish Mary's tea defies belief. All in all the most welcoming, friendly b&b I've ever been too. Already talking about another trip next summer!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the flat at the top, if you are young! Quite a lot of stairs but if you're gam...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at One Broad Street and though i'm not usually one to write on these things I really felt that I should both share the great experience and Congratulate Mary and Ramola on their fabulous B&B. The Hosts were great, upon arrival we were treated to their knowlege of the local area, advised on places to visit and shown to our room with a run through of where everything was and how it all worked. The rooms were lovely and bright, and spotless, I have never stayed anywhere so clean. The breakfast was incredible, a great choice and absolutely delicious, and great that everything was locally/organically sourced - you have to try Ramola's Granola! The location was great for the pier, the shops, the lanes and the pavillion. A really Superb place to stay, that I would thoroughally recommend, and look forwards to returning to in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kópavogur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had big expectations since I chose the b&b from the TripAdvisor's reviews and I was not disappointed. The location is great, the hosts are wonderful, the rooms are very nice and unbelievably clean. The only downside is the many stairs (I stayed at the top floor), but we were warned about them in advance :-).
Just absolutely brilliant and I hope I'll have the opportunity to stay there again :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at One Broad Street. our hosts were so welcoming and helpful, and our room was really comfortable. There were so many thoughtful touches and it really was the place you would dream of having if you were to design your own boutique hotel. I would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Brighton.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to One Broad Street Guesthouse? Share your experiences!