“Great, Friendly Service” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1273 202310
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Food for Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 822 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted 'Best Restaurant' in the Brighton Foodie Awards 2012Good food Guide 2013Food for Friends restaurant in Brighton has been in the vanguard of vegetarian cuisine for more than twenty five years. Set in The Lanes, Brighton’s most happening district, Food for Friends has slowly spread over three shop fronts, developing a labyrinth of brightly lit, modern dining rooms kitted out with stylish minimalism, some overlooking the bustling lanes outside. Cuisine from around the globe is created using predominantly local, organic ingredients, some delivered by bike. Vegans and those with food allergies and intolerances are well cared for here. Wines are organic and mainly vegan, coffee is fairtrade, and an irresistible afternoon tea is served.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We popped into Food for Friends after going to Brighton on a whim. Saturday at lunchtime and the restaurant was pleasantly busy but the staff were really attentive, friendly and helpful. The food was great with a good selection and not too flaky like some vegetarian restaurants.

Well worth a repeat visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Redhill, United Kingdom
“Start of a wonderful night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had an early evening meal,and both had starters from the new menu absolutely fabulous! The main courses were equally as good, all served by usual friendly and professional staff. Every time we come here we are reminded how good 'Friends' is compared to the places we visit in London. Keep up the good work and we'll see you again soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Tasty food, beautifully presented. The staff are friendly and helpful. Great cocktails (I recommend the elderflower fizz). As a vegetarian it's always great to have a choice of more than two dishes! The boyfriend is a meat eater and he loved it too. I've scored four stars instead of five as it was a little slow between courses, but in such a nice environment it didn't matter too much.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best vegetarian food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We came out of the lanes and walked past Food for Friends and decided to stop for lunch and I'm so glad we did! We were seated and served very quickly by friendly staff. You'll see from my pictures the yummy food we had! If your in Brighton vegetrian or not i would highly recommend to try this lovely restaurant!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Whilst spending a romantic few days in Brighton, my partner and I called Into 'food for friends' without pre booking as the restaurant looked very appealing, they were busy but found us a table within minutes. We had not realised before going in that it was a veggie restaurant, although I often opt for veggie options both me and my partner are meat eaters. We had the mezze and a main meal each. The food was absolutely perfect and could not be faulted and the service and attention we received was second to none making it a perfect evening for us. My partner was really surprised at how tasty and varied the food was, he would not have normally selected a veggie option. My only disappointment was that I was too full to finish my meal or have a dessert. Next time I will either skip the starter or have the mezze and a dessert and skip the main, the food was very filling and far too nice to leave. Would recommend you visit the restaurant we will go back for sure next time we are in Brighton.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere