“My favourite place in Brighton- by far!” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1273 202310
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Food for Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 833 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted 'Best Restaurant' in the Brighton Foodie Awards 2012Good food Guide 2013Food for Friends restaurant in Brighton has been in the vanguard of vegetarian cuisine for more than twenty five years. Set in The Lanes, Brighton’s most happening district, Food for Friends has slowly spread over three shop fronts, developing a labyrinth of brightly lit, modern dining rooms kitted out with stylish minimalism, some overlooking the bustling lanes outside. Cuisine from around the globe is created using predominantly local, organic ingredients, some delivered by bike. Vegans and those with food allergies and intolerances are well cared for here. Wines are organic and mainly vegan, coffee is fairtrade, and an irresistible afternoon tea is served.
Lewes, United Kingdom
“My favourite place in Brighton- by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I thought being a carnivorous meat eater, I wouldn't ever become a fan of a vegetarian restaurant, how wrong was I!?
I love going to FFF, the atmosphere is relaxed but very welcoming in a top central location in Brighton. Whilst eating fabulous food you can see people bustling by the large windows..
Getting back to the food; it's colourful, you can see that there's creativity and inventiveness going on there, it's fresh and it all works beautifully! I took my husband, also a carnivore, who like me loves the place! Great stuff :/)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very good veggie food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I am not a veggie but however came here for a sunday lunch with my meat eating boyfriend, we really did love the food, it was extremely tasty, was a good contender to a meat restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Welwyn Garden City
“Somewhat dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

All I will say is....
We booked a table approx 2 months in advance for lunch for my partners birthday. On our arrival the restaurant was busy (Friday 2pm) and although we said we have a table booked the young lady took no notice and asked us to wait for the next available table with others, which turned out to be a small table squashed in the back room by the door.
I wasn't expecting, roses and a fanfare but recognition and a reserved table would have been less than rude, we were bang on time!
Unfortunately by now the sour taste and sinking feeling had set in and the meal had no meaning, we quickly ate up and left.
Not a memorable birthday lunch unlike the wonderful evening meal in the 'Terre A Terre' the night before.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Veggie in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

First visit to Food for Friends and we weren't disappointed. Delicious and well presented vegetarian food using local ingredients. Great relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff too. I can't fault it and will be recommending to others!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the first time we have visited Food for Friends and found the food very good and would return there next time we visit Brighton. We started with the bread which had just been taken out of the oven & was still warm. The waitress also bought us another type to try as soon as it was ready in addition to plate we already had. The main course was very good and there was a lot of choice on the menu. The waitress we had was very friendly and took the time to recommend dishes. Would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013