“Delicious food, lovely ambience, friendly + informed service” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1273 202310
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Food for Friends is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 876 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted 'Best Restaurant' in the Brighton Foodie Awards 2012Good food Guide 2013Food for Friends restaurant in Brighton has been in the vanguard of vegetarian cuisine for more than twenty five years. Set in The Lanes, Brighton’s most happening district, Food for Friends has slowly spread over three shop fronts, developing a labyrinth of brightly lit, modern dining rooms kitted out with stylish minimalism, some overlooking the bustling lanes outside. Cuisine from around the globe is created using predominantly local, organic ingredients, some delivered by bike. Vegans and those with food allergies and intolerances are well cared for here. Wines are organic and mainly vegan, coffee is fairtrade, and an irresistible afternoon tea is served.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, lovely ambience, friendly + informed service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited FFF for the first time in more than 10yrs and it's grown up a lot since my last visit. the menu is sophisticated, fresh and seasonal, the setting cosy and warm and ambient and the service attentive yet not "in your face" or false in any way. The staff really know about the food and how it is prepared and made good recommendations. You don't have to be vegetarian to enjoy what's on offer here. Good wines and beers to accompany too and reasonably priced. Won't be leaving it so long before I go back, thats for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carrickfergus Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm not vegetarian but if all vegetarian food was as good as this I'd definitely convert.
And if I lived in the Brighton area I'd become a regular here.

The fig, basil and smoked ricotta salad with ginger crisps is delicious and the coconut curry didn't disappoint either.

Prices are reasonable for food of this calibre. I can see why the place is always packed.

Well worth trying, even for non veggies!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

not only a very walm welcome but a perfect meal.for the first time in my life I actually closed my eyes and tasted every mouthful .I am vegetarian and find it hard to find something tasty ,and I come to food for friends and I can have everything on the menu ,choice ,yes choice ,the lady serving us was so so nice ,nothing was too much bother ,we ate so much ,just couldn't stop.and ohhhh so good ,well worth a visit ,the flavours took my breath away .thank you food for friends for perfection.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin
“Food very good but service slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A family outing on a Sunday without a booking, not a good idea. The food was very good and everyone (including the meat eaters) were very satisfied at the end of the meal. The seating was 'very' close not just to the people you were with but to every other guest, intimate in the wrong way springs to mind. The service was below par I had to leave before the end of the meal despite talking to the staff and telling them we were on a schedule. Bad marks for a end of line holiday/weekend destination.

Would I go again, yes but I would select my table in advance and arrive early in the meal sitting so that I have a full menu selection.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uxbridge
“Marvellous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were in Brighton this past weekend and visited Food for Friends on Friday evening, we did not book and were so pleased when we were shown to a candlelit table .

We were spoilt for the choice everything on the menu looked fantastic but we had to choose so I had the Coconut Curry and my husband the Portobello Mushrooms followed by the most lovely desserts deconstructed strawberry vanilla cheesecake (me) and Coconut and black sesame 'arancini' for hubby all washed down with a bottle of wine. We are not vegetarians but we agreed this is one of the best meals we have eaten.

The staff were all smiling and very helpful we never felt rushed and we cannot wait to go back to Brighton again just to eat here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere