“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 822 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Longfield, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were staying in a hotel around the corner and popped in here as it was close!
On walking in we were immediately escorted to a table, given menus and asked if we would like something to drink. Quite straightforward but surprising how many restaurants I've been to where they show you to a table and then vanish!

We chose a red and a green curry which arrived promptly and I have to say they both tasted very good indeed.

The atmosphere in the restaurant, the service and the food we both thought was very good and we would definitely go back when we are next down in Brighton. It was good value as well.

Recommended!!!

Clare, Australia
“Utterly amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friend and I stumbled on this restaurant on our way to the laundry mat. It was sheer coincidence that we were feeling under the weather and decided on spicy food. I have been all around Thailand and I have to say the food that we ate here was certainly up with some of the best authentic Thai I have ever had. The dishes were very generous portions and I was taken back by the flavours in the dishes. Very very impressed and would be more than happy to go there again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Waste of an evening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food is poor quality overly processed cooked badly and bland. I'm amazed by these reviews the meat is low quality n over cookd frozen veg is used and the ribs for starters are the worst quality grey dog bone resembling offerings that I'd be embarrassed to serve let alone charge for. I've never let a review but felt compelled cos I honestly can't understand these excellent reviews. I've eaten in a lot of restaurants in Brighton n they've all been far better than place -please don't waste your money...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, great atmosphere, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm not always a big fan of Thai food but gave this a go on a night out with friends. The food was amazing and the atmosphere relaxed with great service. I think you would be hard pushed to spend more than £25 a head, highly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

On a weekend away in Brighton we happened on this place and had a lovely meal fir a reasonable price. We enjoyed it so much we ended getting a takeaway the next day. The restaurant is nice and they had a large range of bottled ciders and beers, would recommend.

• Visited August 2013