“Nice easy hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 hotels in Brighton
lydney
“Nice easy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked in for three nights b&b. Check in was quick and polite. The room we had was on the third floor and thoughout our stay the lifts were not a problem.Our room had a bathroom designed for a disabled person so its large,but did make the room smaller. We did have to remove a dirty sock left on the floor by the last people in the room (housekeeping should have picked this up) Breakfast was fine, lots of choice and no queues.
Parking in the car park multi story nearby was expensive so we booked private parking in a drive nearby for £5 a night (www.parkatmyhouse.com)
All in all nice easy hotel,good price and a great location

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear coinros
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I do apologise about the unexpected find in your room. I will pass this information on to my housekeeping manager. You are indeed correct – this should have been picked up. I was happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not overly impressed, although the location is good - close to the railway station. We had numerous problems with our keycards, and also we found the bar staff slow and easily distracted whilst serving. We had a family room but the double sofa bed for the kids was very small and a bit rickety (compared to others in similarly-priced chain hotels we've stayed in) - it was OK because our children are only 2 and 5 years old, but if your kids are older then it would be a tight squeeze! Also the double bed was quite small, again in comparison to similarly-priced chain hotels.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear UkMmm
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I do apologise if your key card had failed. This can happen on occasions but should not reoccur. I will re-iterate your comments to my bar staff. This is by no means a measure of our usual standards. I do hope this would not dissuade you from visiting us again as we offer great value.
General Manger
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night b&b, the staff were lovely and gave us plenty of help with directions. It is situated just next to the train station so within easy reach by rail and the rooms were clean, simple and value for money. Can't complain

• Stayed August 2013
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Charlotte A
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our utmost to offer the best value in the city. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got to the hotel late for a wedding, after getting caught in traffic, thankfully it was a fast check in, and the staff called a taxi whilst we changed, so sweet of them,
floor 5 room 516 the lifts all work
The room was clean light and airy, with an out look to a train station,
Beware!! if parking in the car park opposite, we had to renew the ticket at 4am,
We missed breakfast as we left too early, but it was a special offer from late rooms.com
I would stay there again,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hilary S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I hope you enjoyed the wedding and I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you choose to visit again in the near future.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Booked this hotel directly with the Jurys corporation and got a discounted rate for that very evening. on arrival the receptionist was very helpful and prompt. our room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was quite good. situated directly across the way from the train station, it is very convenient, which means you can leave the car at home as parking in the car park next door is expensive which we found out once we got there. the walk to the town center, lanes and beach is only about 10 minutes away. I would definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear lilmizzsunshine
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are very conveniently located by the train station and take pride in maintaining the hotel to the highest standards.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Eton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently stayed in a family room at the Jury's Inn which we found to be clean, quiet and practical. The room was ample big enough for two adults in the main bed and two of our children in the pull out bed. My only complaint is that the window did not open which made the room a little stuffy.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear HannahEton
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our windows do open on tilt and there is also a slotted vent at the top of the window.
I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

When I arrived, there was only one receptionist at the desk. She was dealing at length with two clients. The sales manager was tapping away on a computer at reception but he ignored me. Another receptionist came and chatted to him and then disappeared, ignoring me. Finally, another receptionist came and asked in an off-hand way “Are you all right?”

After I had managed to check in and put my luggage in my room, I went downstairs again. On the way, in the corridor on the first floor, I met a man who was naked except for his underpants, running round the corridors shouting.

The next time I went down to reception with the intention of asking advice about where to find things in Brighton, there was a queue of 10-12 people there - so I didn't bother waiting.

The bathroom toiletries by the bath were in two bottles that were fixed to the wall - presumably so clients couldn’t nick off with them. Unfortunately, they were fixed at a convenient height for users of the shower. However, I prefer to have a bath. It was impossible to lift the bottles out of their holders. So every time I wanted some soap, I had to stand up, squeeze the bottle and then lie down in the bath again. Good for flexibility but not good for relaxation.

During the night, I was wakened several times by noisy groups, I am not sure if they were in the corridor or outside.

I like brown rolls, but the brown rolls at breakfast were WET. The first one I took was wet at one side. I checked the others and found several others that were also wet.

I was travelling alone and when I got up from my breakfast table to get something from the buffet, I returned to find an over-enthusiatic waiter/waitress had removed all my stuff. This happened twice and, finally a waitress tried to remove everything while I was still sitting there drinking tea.

The only advantage of this hotel is that it is beside the train station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear dene2
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very surprised to read your comments. This is not reflective of previous reviews including those over the same period. I have analysed our guest log and there is no mention of any of the issues below. I’m quite sure someone would have mentioned a half dressed man wondering around the corridors. Can I ask did you report any of the issues during your stay or on departure? I take all my guest feedback very seriously and of course I would have spoken with any guest who had the experience you speak of.
Damien Doyle

Been to Jurys Inn Brighton? Share your experiences!