“Great Venue, fantastic food and drinks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Venue, fantastic food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Came here on Thursday night for the Live band launch and i must say what a night! Great band playing blues, jazz and mo-town, great to hear. The staff were very kind and helpful. Drinks were fantastic and tasted great. We even decided to have a bit of food and the menu is very stunning with lots to choose from and the food came out quickly and was presented beautifully and tasted fantastic.
Will definatley be coming back again. Had a great time. :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hove, United Kingdom
“Beautiful decoration but...........................”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Arriving at Dirty Blonde was very excited heard lots of good things. Large foyer with a fancy desk but no body around sauntered in through the bar area with no one in (same layout as Geisha) up the steps still no one to greet us... Eventually we got seated! It is a truly beautiful venue with lots of small attention to details which is very classy this is why I've given my experience 2 stars.
Downhill from here ;( do you want to hear my moans and groans? Probably not! Let's just say I won't be going back anytime soon for dinner, there are much better restaurants in Brighton.
Be interesting to see how the bar - restaurant thing works especially as the DJ box is in the restaurant part, time will tell.

Visited April 2014
Hi Dollyncrumpy,

We would love to discuss your experience here at Dirty Blonde further, we like to hear our customers moans and groans :)

If you could contact us on chynna@dirtyblondebrighton.com or by calling 01273 727494
hove
“Promises on style and substance. Delivers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came here for food and drinks last week, wonderful set up and décor.
Cocktail staff very friendly and professional-one made a mistake in my choice of mixer and gave the cocktail for free.

Needs to get a bit busier, hopefully that will come in time.

Not cheap but if you come here and complain about the price, you shouldn't really be here in the first place.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Andrew,

Thankyou for your feedback into Dirty Blonde Brighton, and we are happy to hear you would return.

If you would like to pre book your returning visit you can call 01273 727494 or email chynna@dirtyblondebrighton.com
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I hadn't been here before, and I had heard good and bad reviews about the place. Being a bartender myself, and for quite a few years, I was excited about the list of classics they have on the menu. I came here, with two other bartenders, and two spirit reps. Needless to say, we were disappointed! The decor and glassware is amazing, but the quality of the drinks, and the bartender who served us, was abysmal. We chose three classic cocktails, Ramos Gin Fizz, Old Fashioned, and a Manhatten. They were either unbalanced, or too diluted, or made completely wrong!! On top of that, the bartender was obnoxious, and thought he knew everything, he is the worst bartender I have ever met. Even correcting me on how a Ramos should be made, and not politely saying that I was wrong, but straight up saying I was wrong, and that "this" is how it is made. Yet he was wrong, completely! It seems, that a bar owned by a multi-million pound company, prefer to spend more on the decor, rather than on training, or hiring the right people. I will try this place again, in a couple of months, see if things have changed. But for now, I will go to the cocktail bars, where I know I will get friendly service, and drinks made correctly...

Hi Brighton_Bartender,

Thankyou for your comments into your experience into Dirty Blonde Brighton.

We would love for you to return again soon as we hope your experience would be different.

If you would like to join us again in the near future please email chynna@dirtyblondebrighton.com or call 01273 727494
“Shambles”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went for a meal with friends. First I can start with a positive the venue is beautiful and they have spent a lot on it.

From the start it didn't go well walked in through an empty bar not knowing where to go we then walked up some stairs to another bar.....still no one greatest us. Finally a guy in a suit came to take our name and to our table ( this guy was great and clearly the only person working hard).

Then it began. Tried to order drinks and out of all the red wine they had only 1 by the bottle and 2 by the glass. Tried to order a white wine for another friend ohh they didn't have the one he wanted. Tried to order a glass of proseco or cava....guess what ? Yep they didn't have any in stock ! So we just ordered a bottle of Moët. This fiasco had taken ages already as the waitress had to keep going to the bar to find out what they had in stock (only open 2 weeks?)

We were going to just leave but the nice guy in the suit asked us to stay and have us our bottle of bubbly on the house.

Hoping that ok we were there let's enjoy the food. Ordered lots of the starters to share and then it began again half our starters were given to the wrong table, the table next to
Us were sending their starters back as they were cold. The food was ok just ok. Ordered a glass of wine which took forever had to ask twice. I could see our mains were ready as the kitchen is open but no one had set our table yet so there was a rush then to put out cutlery etc. I ordered the 10oz sirloin steak (£28) I had half of it as it was very dry. Another guest had the chicken which was dry.

It's a great venue but clearly badly run and with options like GB1 (grand), hotel du vin and cote all cheaper may I add, I 100% won't be returning. Gutted.

Hi Scottenham1,

Thankyou for your comments in regards to your visit here to Dirty Blonde.

We would love for you to return now we have been open a few months.

To let us know you are coming please email chynna@dirtyblondebrighton.com or call 01273 727494