“fantastic hotel and extremely helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Autum / Winter 2014-2015
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
Epsom
“fantastic hotel and extremely helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I stayed at hotel una with my husband for 3 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. We wanted to stay somewhere special and hotel una didn't disappoint.
We stayed in Vedea, one of the standard doubles and this was clean, stylish and very comfortable. It's on the 4th floor and unlike most small brighton hotels that we've stayed in had a lift which was a bonus! As our room was right at the top of the building, it felt very private and we weren't aware of any noise coming from other parts of the hotel.
My only criticism of the room would be that there wasn't very much storage space so we ended up living mostly out of our suitcases. The room was much smaller than we expected from looking at their website however it didn't feel cramped.
The best thing about this hotel were the staff. They were friendly and helpful. We had been given a bottle of champagne by friends as a wedding gift and the staff provided champagne flutes and an ice bucket from the room.
When we said we were going to get fish and chips for dinner (from Bankers on Western Road - definitely the best chip shop I've been to) they offered to provide plates and cutlery so we could eat them in our room. We didn't take them up on this but still, it was an unusual offer which highlighted the excellent service.
Perhaps most exceptional of all, we had to check out at 3.30am to go to Gatwick for a flight and they offered to make us breakfast before we left! It was a bit too early to eat but they would have provided cereal, toast, fruit and coffee in the middle of the night if we had wanted it.
Overall, this hotel truly deserves all the good reviews. It was a lovely place to spend part of our honeymoon and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

The hotel was lovely & very close to paid parking which was great. We stayed in the Flores room which was located at the back of the hotel, not a nice view but expected this as when I booked I was advised of this but this was the only room left for the weekend. The room was lovely but quite noisy as we were above the bar to which the music went on to 1am & started again at 7am. What they didn't tell me was the room was haunted, at 3am I heard the door open and the Freeview box came on to number 300 then changed to 301, then 302 then turned itself off. Very spooky. Comfortable bed shame I didnt get to sleep much due to the noise from the bar. The staff do not allow you to take your key out of the hotel which I didn't agree with. Very friendly staff though. If you are looking for an eventful night book the Flores room, gives you entertainment by far.

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Fantastic place to stay. Great location, lovely room. It was scrupulously clean. Comfy bed, fab fixtures and fittings. Very quiet - had a great nights sleep (which is unusual for a first night in a hotel!). You must try the cocktails in the bar - freshly made to your taste with fresh ingredients. The barman is a star - even if he does look like Chico!! ;)
Breakfast was great. Only comment would have been for better ham on my lovely eggs benedict (instead of reformed slices) but this was a minor thing. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.
Would highly recommend! Just don't all book up and make it full for next time we want to go!!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Very stylish, funky hotel with a great room – lots and lots of nice designy touches that really updated the hotel nicely. Unfortunately a few creaks and noises in the building but you’d expect that from an older building. Close to (paid) parking and to the beachfront, great location.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We went to the Hotel Una this weekend and stayed in Eden. It was absolutely fantastic. We’ve stayed in a number of hotels in Brighton in the past - Hotel Du Vin, Blanch House & Drakes and this one was by far the most impressive . The room was massive, a really comfy sofa, huge TV and a lovely balcony with sun loungers - everything is bigger than it looks in the picture, even the bath! The hotel staff were really friendly and very helpful, I couldn’t fault them. Due to the fact that we’d booked a luxury room, breakfast was delivered to us every morning - a treat I was not expecting. Overall it was amazing, from reading some of the other reviews, I was really glad I booked a luxury room, it felt quite decadent, but in my view, it was well worth the money.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I booked last minute (day of travel) because we needed a room on a Saturday night after a wedding. The lady I spoke to told me they did have a room with a double bed but they usually sell it as a single as it is small (especially the bathroom). This wasn't a problem, so we went ahead and booked.

I thought everything about the hotel was fantastic. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was immaculate, nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom was tiny but well-laid out and with nice Molton Brown products, and having been well-warned about the size, this wasn't a problem.

The hotel was quiet, the bed comfortable (with good quality sheets), the room looked over a beautiful green square and breakfast the next day (included in the room rate) was excellent, one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever eaten.

I stay in a lot of hotels and this was one of my favourites. It felt like the staff genuinely wanted to give their guests a really good experience and they have put a lot of thought into how to do this. I would recommend it to all and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Overall a great stay. The rooms aren't cheap but I've paid the same for hotels with less style and unfriendly staff so we were both happy with the stay here and would highly recommend it. Coco was very helpful as was a chap who worked in the bar who made our hot drinks for us whose name we did not get unfortunately.

My girlfriend and I only had one night in Brighton and I picked Hotel Una based on reviews here. The location is great, right on Regency Square. The hotel is very modern and the design is awesome. The room was a little cramped but the design made it work with a huge glass window between the living room and the bedroom. There was an en suite bathroom and also a large shower in the bedroom itself.

The best reason to stay here, as other reviewers point out, is that the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. They recommended somewhere to eat the night we arrived, showed us to our room and when we returned later we sat in the bar with a cocktail and chose a DVD to watch from their selection. We were both suffering from colds and they made us a hot tea with honey and lemon for free!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Una? Share your experiences!