“Charming quirky hotel with sea view” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Autum / Winter 2014-2015
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Charming quirky hotel with sea view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were warmly welcomed in this charming and homely hotel, which is perfectly located on a beautiful green square facing the sea, surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to the heart of the town. Each room is named after a river and has been individually and cleverly designed to create unusual rooms. We stayed for one night in Usk, a 'large room' on the top floor, which had a separate sleeping area. The living room unusually included the shower and free standing bath, the bedroom area and WC was rather tight, but fine for one night. Breakfast brought to our room at no extra charge was a brilliant idea - eggs benedict with salmon delicious!
Would definitely stay here again and try out another room.
This hotel does not have a spa, but there is the option of having an in-room massage, which we booked before arriving. A good way of starting a relaxing seaside break!

Room Tip: The online photos of the room we stayed in - Usk - made it look far bigger than it was. If you need...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at hotel una in February with my partner. We stayed in the usk room, it was a nice room, quite small and small cramped bathroom but the room was cosy and homely. Service in the hotel was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really nice. I don't think I would stay for longer than a couple of nights break but only due to the room size. The location is good for Brighton town centre and seafront. It was really noisy with the window open with someone screaming their head off outside at about 4am but I think that's just Brighton and not the hotels fault at all!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had booked one night in Hotel Una having seen the great reviews on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not disappointed. This definitely deserves all the praise it receives. On arrival we were met by Paul who was incredibly helpful. He showed us where all to go on the map and recommended a restaurant for our evening meal. He explained they were having issues with their credit card machine and was most apologetic. We stayed in the Lassie room which was fab - compact but had everything we needed and lovely little touches like the freestanding bath in the bedroom! We were given a breakfast in bed option and the food was all delivered on time and was delicious. All of the staff were extremely warm and friendly and very helpful. We loved the location, the room, the bar, everything about the hotel. I would highly recommend it and hope to go back!

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed in Jubba room. Very nice facilities, everything really clean. Staff were fantastic, so friendly and helpful. I needed a charger for my phone and they found one - no trouble at all. There was a level of service that is not found generally and I was impressed.

The hotel looks out onto a lovely square which has a feeling of space and tranquillity. There was no air con in the room, which is why it lost a star on my rating. Outside was very noisy and noise seemed to reverberate around the square and on a warm night having the window closed to keep the noise out was a poor option that I had no choice but to take. I was there on business and think I was the only guest working. efinitely more of a holiday feel to the place. When I mentioned the noise to the manager in the morning, he informed me that they have rooms with air-con - wished I had known the night before I would have snapped his hand off.

Toiletries in the room were all White Company and the dressing gowns v cosy. Loads of towels. Didn't like the air freshener oil diffuser thing - looked good but the smell was overpowering so that went into the bathroom.

Breakfast was fab. Scrambled eggs and salmon - eggs were cooked to perfection. I would stay here again, Definitely.

Room Tip: Stay at the back if you can, You will lose the view but get some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have to say how impressed I was at the warmth of service and hospitality received. We were on a spontaneous visit. We were very warmly welcomed by friendly service. A great restaurant recommended for eve meal. On return to hotel with tired children were offered a range of kid's DVD's to help them relax prior to sleep. Bed v comfy and all amenities in room. Breakfast elegant cooked to order and delicious. More than this was the genuine service and attention to detail and kindness that money really cannot buy. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I was asked to have my card scanned for 285 to held as a deposit which would then immediately be available funds again once the bill was payed on check out. However it doesn't go back in immediately it takes 7-10 days. I am now short of money because of these people and they won't confirm in writing that they will refund the money in full if it doesn't get taken. To top it all off on the phone when I called them to asked what had happened they told me that it is me and my bank that is at fault not them. Shockingly bad service for a hotel that cost £235 a night.

• Stayed May 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The two of us stayed in Belize for a weekend. The location in Brighton is good; the underground carpark in the Square outside very convenient; the bar attractive and the reception staff friendly and keen to help. Nice little period features like the wooden lift. But the stylish room is brilliant: like a flat, with big bed, big sofa, jacuzzi (not the strongest bubbles in the world though), and sauna we didn't use as it involved too much planning to heat it up in advance. Put in a small kitchen and you could live in it. Room service for us was prompt. A great treat to ourselves.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Una? Share your experiences!