“Lovely quiet and friendly guest house......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maon Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
Maon Hotel
26 Upper Rock Gardens, Brighton BN2 1QE, England   |
Ranked #56 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
Birmingham UK
“Lovely quiet and friendly guest house......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

I stayed at the Maon Hotel for 3 nights June 26th, 27th and 28th 2008. I found it to be a lovely, friendly guesthouse, and spotlessly clean. It was beautifully quiet, even though this was the weekend - no sound save for the seagulls! The breakfast room was cheerful, and there was a nice choice of breakfast - you could have full cooked or just cereal, toast, eggs etc.. As I was on my own I had booked a double room for single use - which I found to be very comfortable. There were tea/coffee making facilities, there was a tv, the towels were changed every day....... . If you are looking for "the modern hotel" experience, then there are plenty of big hotels in Brighton to choose from, but for a traditional English, seaside guesthouse, only a short walk from the seafront and all amenities, then in my opinion you can't go wrong with the Maon.

Stayed June 2008

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Somerset, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

I have just returned from a stay at the Maon Hotel, Brighton with my girlfriend and can safely say that this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! I guess I should have known better, being that it was one of the few hotels with rooms available, but at £75 a night, I really was expecting more. We paid for an ensuite bathroom, but it was frankly disgusting! As was the decor (including the carpet, which was horrendous!), general cleanliness and the musty odour throughout the place!.....Seriously not recommended!

Stayed June 2006

Been to Maon Hotel? Share your experiences!