“Great little hotel with lots of character” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sea Spray Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   25 New Steine, Brighton BN2 1PD, England   |
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel with lots of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a great little hotel just a 5 minute walk from the laines. We stayed in the 'renaissance suite'. The room was large and had a little balcony from which we could see the sea. The bathroom was rather compact and bijou in comparison though, but perfectly adequate. The bed was very comfortable and cosy. The mini bar was possibly the best stocked mini bar I have ever seen. :)

I had a massage in our room which was a bargain at only £40, it lasted almost an hour and a half and was very relaxing.

There was a good choice on offer for breakfast, including champagne breakfast or breakfast in bed for an additional cost.

The staff were very helpful, giving us directions as well as some good restaurant and bar recommendations.

All in all we very very pleased with this little hotel and would definitely stay again.

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Myself and my beautiful girlfriend stayed a couple of days in Brighton. We booked one night at the Sea Spray hotel in the Geisha Room. The room was smaller than I had expected from the photo on the website but very nice all the same. The bed was huge and really comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and we both enjoyed our stay. There were hot drink facilities & did make tea in the morning. Choosing to lie in we missed breakfast so cannot comment on that. I would consider booking at the Sea Spray again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My partner and I made a last minute mid-week trip to Sea Spray in March. We stayed in the Little Venice suite for the first night and swapped to Eden suite for the second night. We paid a slightly reduced rate for both rooms, as we only booked the day we arrived.

Little Venice was large and clean; with a balcony that had a nice view down to the sea, the pier and the Brighton Wheel. There were also two metal chairs on the balcony if you fancied sitting outside.

King size bed was very comfortable; clean, crisp linens and plenty of pillows. Bathroom was well laid out and the shower was very good. Got hot quickly, was powerful and was a big walk-in enclosure rather than over bath - something I always like in a hotel bathroom.

Overall I thought the room was right for the price we paid and I'd very happily stay again.

Eden room has a lounge with sofa and flatscreen TV, separate breakfast area (as you get breakfast delivered to your room included in price for this suite), bedroom with large mirrored-front wardrobe and a little flatscreen tv and en-suite bathroom.

There's also the garden with hot tub, which is obviously the main feature of this suite. Hot tub was absolutely heavenly, especially as we went in it on a cold evening accompanied by a couple of glasses of champagne (which we bought ourselves from Sainsburys just down the road) :)

Only downside to the stay was that the bed and bathroom in Eden really didn't hit the mark for the cost of the room.

The bed seemed to be a small double and was very uncomfortable. My boyfriend and I had a much interrupted night's sleep.

The bathroom was unfortunately also quite poor. It was cold and old fashioned, the hot water was heated on demand by a noisy boiler and there was a half size bath with shower over and a nasty plastic shower curtain which didn’t go the entire way around the bath.

The shower head was too high up the wall for this arrangement and the spray coming out of it was very fine and pointed more around the bathroom and through the inevitable gaps in the shower curtain than down onto the person trying to have the shower.

This resulted in a seriously flooded bathroom and not very clean guests. We both still felt grubby after our showers, which is not ideal when you've spent the previous evening in the hot tub with its required chemicals. The hot water also ran out before I finished my shower, and my partner had to wait a while for more hot water before he could shower.

It's a real shame, because if you put together the quality of the bed and bathroom in Little Venice and Eden's facilities you'd have a stunning room that was well worth the asking rate.

Breakfast both days was excellent. Tasty, good-quality produce and all nicely cooked. Eggs Benedict and Full English both very well executed. We were cheeky when we stayed in Eden and asked for extra items to accompany our eggs Benedict, which we were given. This was very much appreciated.

Service was great for the whole trip. Polite, quick and efficient. Staff also happily provided champagne flutes, ice bucket and ice and extra plates and cutlery while we were in the Eden suite. Although it’s worth noting that reception is only staffed until 9pm.

Parking permits were explained clearly to us and we found it no trouble to park nearby the hotel, although might be a different story on weekends or in high season.

The Sea Spray is in a great location for the beach/pier area and also only a 10 minute or so walk into the centre of town.

Overall it was a good stay, and I would recommend the Little Venice suite. But I would only stay in Eden again if the bathroom was remodelled and there was a bigger, better bed.

I think I tend to agree with people who’ve pointed out it’s more of a new style B&B than it is a hotel. So if you’re looking for somewhere with a 24hr reception, room service etc this is probably not the place for you.

But I don’t want to be too critical as the service throughout the stay was good, and you get a sense that the management really care and want their guests to have an enjoyable time.

I certainly had a nice time, it's just a pity the last memory to take away is feeling a bit grubby because the bathroom wasn't up to scratch.

Room Tip: Little Venice has nice balcony with views of the sea and pier.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Fantastic stay at Sea Spray. Me and the misses spent a night in the renaissance room which we found to be lovely. The bed is beautiful and the view from the balcony looks straight to sea and brighton pier. Shame the weather wasn't on our side to enjoy it too its full potential. The shower was lovely, on the small side (not fit for two ;) ) but very nice regardless. Own key to side entrance for flexible curfew and a simple but very enjoyable breakfast the next day. Staff seemed very friendly and happy to help and advise when ever you needed it.

We will be going back to this hotel in the vey near future and possibly trying either the morrocon style room or the garden of eden.

Many thanks Sea Spray team, See you Soon!

Oliver Cox

Room Tip: Only spent one night here but the renaissance rooms bed is worth the stay alone!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having read the positive and negative reviews of the Sea Spray and now having stayed there myself, my review is based purely on my experience last week. That said, I have to say that I see where everyone is coming from both in the positive and negative reviews.

Firstly the parking issue - yes it's a nightmare to park in Brighton but I was told immediately how and where to park for just £10 per day. Ended up parking just a couple of minutes walk away and the car was perfectly safe.

Secondly the location - perfect for the sea front and the town. Enough said!

Thirdly the staff - friendly, efficient and very helpful - willing to show on the map where to walk and what to see. What more do you need?

Next the room - stayed in the Venetian Suite. I've never been to Venice so I can't comment on the authenticity of the decor, but the room was very spacious, comfy, sea view had and a very clean and compact bathroom with shower. Wifi was an added bonus and it worked very well. Again, what more do you need?

Ok, now for some of the idiosyncrasies - the windows are very old and very draughty! Even with the net curtains and heavy drapes, the draught was noticeable. Stains on the carpet and some slightly stained bed linen are, to me, just an oversight and not a deal breaker. Fridge in the wardrobe meant that hanging space was at a premium but, again, not really an issue for me. And I agree about the temperature of the room - either hot or cold, nothing in the middle.

Booked directly with the hotel which I think is a good move given some of the outlandish charges which could be levied. Book early and do your research on the room before you book.

Is it a boutique, themed hotel? Who knows! All I can say is that it didn't disappoint in any way and I know I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The service was really good and helpful and the location was excellent but, as much as I would like to write a positive review, the fact is that, disappointingly, this is not really a hotel, it's a B&B that needs a little TLC. The award-winning breakfast was also not really what it was hyped to be; it was nice, but not remarkable.
I have two problems with this a) the price is really expensive for a B&B and b) our plans were a little spoiled as the B&B was not really the high-end hotel that we were expecting... :(

Dartford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited this hotel whilst on a business trip and was very pleased with its situation and style. I was lucky enough to obtain a room at a short notice and was given the New York penthouse which as its name implies it situated on the top floor so has lots of stairs with no lift. The room itself has a large sitting area and benefits from a king size bed.
The bathroom was rather compact compared with the rest of the room and had a over bath shower with jet bath.
A good nights sleep and little noise was most welcome.
Breakfast was cooked to order and was excellent.Why cant all otels do this rather than the usual cold under heater offerings?
The hotel is situated in a tiny square just off the sea front. I was able to obtain parking very close although beware it is only free from 8pm till 9am
I will certainly return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sea Spray Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!