“An East End Delight” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Newport, Rhode Island
“An East End Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It doesn't matter if you are a visitor to Brighton or just looking for some traditional English grub, Mr Daley's will not disappoint. This quirky gastric paradise set in the Heart of Brighton's lanes will send you into seventh heaven but not before whipping you around London's East End on a whistle stop tour of memorabilia and artifacts depicting the sheer essence of London's premier district, The food? good hearty old fashioned Pie Eel and Mash, conjured up by one of the East End's premier Pie Makers. This is more than a meal this is an experience one will talk about for the rest of their lives. It is London, It is England it is heaven on a plate. .... And the price, extraordinary value for money. I will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing rub a dub dub best pie mash around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Coming from a long line of Pearly Kings and Queens I have had pie and mash in most of the shops in London I can honestly say that my visit to Mr Daly's pie and mash shop was amazing. The food was superb the interior is amazing and what a great tribute to our fantastic London tradition. I highly recommend that you get yer daisy roots on and make your way to this great place you will be delighted. 5 stars

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Opening times wouldn't go a miss...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

As the title suggests, no opening times on the shop front or the website? I mean what restaurant doesn't have opening times?
Having turned up around 3pm on a Sunday and having read the reviews from another pie and mash shop to indicate to give it a go if you are a connoisseur of this east end delicacy, I was with family and thought well its open on a Sunday, summer holidays, so i'll pop back tomorrow.
Well I arrived lunchtime and low and behold - shut!
This therefore was a massive disappointment seeing as I travelled all the way from Leicester.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

me and my father have travelled down to brighton for the annual race festival. Being both from london we fancied lie and mash. After exploring the internet we discovered mr dalys with amazing reviews but no opening times this would turn out to be our downfall. After using my smart phone to find a near place to park and locate mr dalys the outside looked very promising with old east end memorabilia the inside didn't. it was pitch black CLOSED. This was 1 in the afternoon no opening times on hand either to look at. We found ourseleves eating a mcdonalds due to our from long journey. Highly disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hove, United Kingdom
“luverly jubberly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

As has been said by other reviewers what you have here is a traditional London pie and mash shop in the middle of Brighton.
It's hard to beat the value that the pie, mash and liquor represents for just £4.
Popped down for an early lunch on a sunny Saturday afternoon and sat outside by the fountain.
Very friendly waitress on hand and to be honest the only downside was their lack of anything decent to drink. With fosters on tap and horrible flavoured ciders to choose from I nearly had to order a mug of tea.
How about getting some decent beers and lagers in from the many brewers in London to make the overall experience all the more authentic?
I'll be back all the same, but with a better selection of drinks I could quite easily make Saturday lunch at Mr Daly's part of my weekly routine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere