“Delicious!!” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1273 323888
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Smokeys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 873 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Smokeys, a slice of American heaven by the British seaside.We've taken the best of classic roadside cuisine from the heart of the States, added a pinch of spice from South of the border, and brought it on home to Brighton. We proudly serve California Brunch and Texas BBQ, freshly prepared with love and care from the finest local ingredients for your dining delight, day and night.Smokeys offers Brighton something new and something special - a celebration of satisfying American cuisine, lovingly crafted from the very best local ingredients.Inspired by a trip to the California desert, where good food well-cooked is a part of everyday life, we wanted to bring that delicious home-cooked taste back to Brighton.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went here with my boyfriend, as we were both curious as to whether or not it was a good place to go, because it seems to have mixed reviews. I honestly can't recommend the place enough!! The service was lovely -sweet waiter who really looked after us. The food was unbelievable! Probably the biggest portions I've ever come across, but we were offered a take out box to take the rest home with us, so you get your money's worth! The prices are so reasonable you really can't argue with it, and most importantly it was all delicious. I imagine the mac and cheese isn't home made and that maybe a few other corners were cut here and there, but the quality of the meat is fantastic. We went back with my family a second time and my dad had 'the best ribs ever tasted' and my mum (who is vegetarian) had more than one option to choose from and thoroughly enjoyed her meal. Definitely give it a try!

somerset
“Bad start but finished well!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I ate here with a large group of over 20. It took a long time to get our meals due to a misunderstanding as to what menu we were ordering from. However once this was resolved the service was very good and the food was great. The portions are very big and we all struggled to finish our meals. Would return if in Brighton again.

Visited January 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Don't go here if you don't like meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Amazing , proper BBQ food . Ribs and pulled pork some of the best I have had .
Pulled pork fajitas amazing and worth a try .
Best sweet potato fries I have had anywhere .
As I said in the title don't bother coming here if you're a veggie

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
“gorgeous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a recommendation from a friend and reading reviews on trip advisor, we decided to book a table on Saturday night. On arrival, it looked empty but little did we know that they also had a large room attached to the left of the entrance. That's where everyone was hiding on a wet Saturday night at the beginning of January!
The staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. They were happy to explain any of the dishes on the menu. We decided on a sharing platter for 2 for starters, that we shared between 3 of us. The stuffed jalapeños were hot! But luckily I avoided them, unlike my friends!
For main I had bbq pulled pork and an enormous amount of fries, with a hint of salad instead of the coleslaw. My friends had the ribs, beef brisket and chorizo fajitas. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, but we could see lots of other diners leaving with brown paper bags. Leftovers I suspect, as the portions were huge and too nice to leave.
I really wanted to try a dessert but unfortunately didn't have any room! The desserts were American in style including a banana split, pancakes, waffles and a cobbler.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“YUM YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a bit confused by some of the bad reviews on here. Ok, you are not going to get a balanced meal at Smokey's. Salad or veg seems to be a swear word in this restaurant, but that is fine with me because I came for the MEAT!!

Slow cooked in the smoker, you can smell it as soon as you walk in. Mouths watering in anticipation, we ordered a combo of brisket and pulled pork, and a portion of ribs. Both came with fries, although we swapped one portion for sweet potato chips for a bit of variety.

The chips were chips, not hand cut three times cooked, just chips. But who cares, as they were sat next to some of the tastiest most melt in the mouth meat I have eaten in a restaurant. This is how meat should always be; slow cooked, flavoursome and abundant! I love ribs, I've eaten a lot of ribs. These ribs were up there with the best, and that's a big call.

I can't comment on the rest of the menu, I wasn't interested in burgers or chips or salads that day. I wanted decent slow cooked BBQ meat, and that is most certainly what I got.

Alas, we couldn't finish all the food, so they boxed it up for us to take home.

Good service, nice restaurant(a little hard to spot underground there), GREAT MEAT!

• Visited September 2013