“To die for!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 875 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Dessert, French, Tea Room
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: We are a unique High End French Patisserie with an impressive 18 flavours of macarons to take home or to enjoy in our "Salon de the" upstairs. We also serve organic coffees, loose leaves tea from "The Rare Tea Company". We have an extensive selection of cakes, tarts, eclairs that can be serve with our homemade ice cream. "I believe that the quest for perfection is like a long love affair, it is only after years of hard work, challenging yourself everyday and leaving your ego to one side that you become a true master" Julien Plumart
“To die for!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Julien Plumart is a must when in Brighton, for a tea, coffee, cake or sandwich. Everything is served to perfection and the staff are friendly, and on hand to answer questions, give advice or allow you to sample. Though we haven't tried everything on offer what we did try was perfect. We met friends who we left to try the delights while we shopped, when we came back they were also hooked.

Unfortunately finding this has made it impossible not to go to everytime we are in Brighton and want to enjoy a lite bite to eat, in a beautiful surrounding to people watch.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Exciting find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Came across this unique establishment on an overnight trip to Brighton. It is a little expensive but like all good things in life you get what you pay for. The staff, food, and premises were top quality. Staff were friendly, helpful and willing to spend time providing advice not only about the menu but also the local sights etc. the food was well presented and lived up to expectations. This is the quirky bit, it was so pleasing to go to a busy cafe and use toilets that were pristine clean. Top marks Julien Plumart and good luck

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, United Kingdom
“Some good some mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Came here to specifically try the iced vanilla mocha and I have to say was pretty disappointed. It came in a small tumbler and was incredibly strong (2 shots of espresso) so I couldn't taste any vanilla or ice cream that was supposed to be in it. I only drank half of it and would have much preferred it if it was creamier and in a taller glass. Also had an almond croissant with this that had been microwaved or something because it was soggy and there was too much filling in it.

My Mum however had the lime meringue tart and was very impressed because the base was crumbly and light and the meringue and other flavours were really tasty. She had an organic pear juice with this which I liked too - very refreshing.

Tried the vanilla and chocolate macaroons as well and they were pretty good.

Overall a bit pricey but worth a try for some of the cakes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“You must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We found this cafe in Brighton by accident, and quickly went from window shopping, to just popping inside for a look, to actually sitting down and having some macaroons and a cup of tea. The whole place is enchanting, there are about 25 choices of macaroon, making a choice difficult - 5 are £7.50 if you eat in, so not cheap, but well worth a treat; and the tea comes in beautiful glass teapots - the chamomile is recommended, and has the flowers floating in the teapot. The decor is French, the staff are French and there is French music playing, the cafe upstairs is tastefully decorated and much brighter than you would expect. This place is definitely worth a visit for anyone wanting something special in the local area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent cakes with exceptional service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our family were visiting Brighton looking for a different shop came across this one. We are so glad we did, we received fantastic service from a very helpful and knowledgable Irish lad and the cakes were amazing. I did explain to them that my wife makes cakes for a living and she has impressed Paul Hollywood with her baking so we are looking for well made patisserie with exceptional flavours. We got it. I do not normally like macaroons but the guy serving us questioned me about the flavours I like and suggested certain macaroons he thinks I would like. A few sample tasters helped, so I took the plunge and I am glad I did. Finally macaroon that rivals my wife's, with some new flavour combinations. Also a Chocolate and Hazelnut mouse cake to die for . Thanks guys a great experience , great food and we will deffinetly be back.

• Visited June 2013