“Awesome... a wee gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Awesome... a wee gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The food was delicious, great banter with I think it was the manager. The atmosphere in the restaurant was really nice, no loud or strange music. Not expensive, food all made from scratch - Highly recommend

Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Good service, average food, but some dishes need improving.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We tried this restaurant while visiting Brighton, as our hotel was just around the corner. The chargrilled beef on a sizzling platter was excellent, but sadly some of their other dishes were lacking. The veg spring rolls were average, and the egg fried rice was extremely dry. It looked as though it had been cooked hours earlier and just heated up before serving. The grains of rice on top were so dry they were starting to harden. Normally we would have sent it back but we were in a hurry as we had to meet friends, and the rest of our food was ready, so we didn't have time to wait for another one to be cooked. I also ordered dessert, which had frozen fruit in it! The waitress advised this is normally how they serve it (very strange). Obviously the fruit wasn't edible as it was frozen, so god knows how they expect their customers to eat it! They need to rethink that particular dish.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hassocks, United Kingdom
“A very good find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Quirky little restaurant with friendly staff, nice decor and good menu. All our food choices were great, very fresh and good quality produce used. All in all I'd recommend a visit there.

brighton
“Best Thai in Sussex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We pottered in here one Friday night without having booked ready to be turned away and we were seated right away. I'm super fussy when it comes to Thai food having been to Thailand many times and I've been super frustrated with the lack of decent Thai in Brighton in the past. Not anymore!

We wanted to try lots of dishes and on the recommendation of the lovely waitress Oni who served us we went with a Papaya salad, Whole crab in yellow curry powder, a pork salad with a tom yum soup and rice and wow it all blew my mind, we wanted it all at once to eat at our leisure. The papaya salad (one of best I've had) was so fresh and spicy washed down with a cold beer, followed by the sublime crab which was served in the crab shell and minced with herbs and fresh spices, it was stunning with rice and looked amazing when it was brought over to the table. I've heard since that the beef curry is supposed to be incredible and that is next one my list next time I visit.

Everything was so wonderful and Oni and her dad went out of their to make us feel like stars, it's a family affair with Oni's mum cooking in the kitchen which makes it even more special in my book. It made our weekend, we haven't stopped recommending it to all our friends. If you are looking for something special, look no further.

London, United Kingdom
“One of the nicest examples of a small restaurant I have been to :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Strolled upon this restaurant one eve whilst in Brighton for the weekend. Once you enter this small yet hip restaurant you are hit by a fun and quirky surrounding. It was busy during the eve me and my friend arrived, however the service was still very good. The waitress was very polite and attentive and when the food followed I was delighted to find it tasted very good. The food was simple yet delicious and the right portion size. Frequently you will leave a restaurant feeling like you have eaten far too much but here you was left feeling satisfied and happy with a cheap bill.
We had the chance to briefly meet the owner too, who seemed very jolly - here is a business that has got it right - well done with this little joint. I will definitely return and will promote this little gem.

• Visited May 2014