“Hands down, worst coffee I've ever tried” 1 of 5 stars

The Quadrant, North Street, Brighton, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #446 of 872 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: English
“Hands down, worst coffee I've ever tried”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

So this place wins something in my eyes, the worst coffee award. I was dubious even as I approached the counter and saw the machines which dispensed your drink at the push of a button, no barista craft involved. I enquired about the coffee and they stated they ground their own beans so thought I'd at least give it a go. I had a macchiato and my fellow coffee lover had an Americano. I managed to finish mine but after two sips of his he was done. The coffee just tasted vile. This pretentious place even had a sign on the counter stating "say no to bad coffee" so hey follow their advice please. There are dozens of actually good coffee place in Brighton worth your hard earned money

Visited October 2013

surrey
“Disgusting hygiene in coffee shop today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Order taken at counter, food served and money taken by same waitress, wearing a dirty shirt. Had to ask for the table to be wiped clean, then horror...... The waitress replaced a toilet roll in the toilet and returned straight back to serving uncovered food WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS. This made me feel quite sick and concerned that things like this probably happen regularly. I and my family and friends will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great coffee, food and the staff are super”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Caaled in for a coffee on the way in to town , the coffee was great and we thought the food looked good too. The staff are very friendly and exude great customer service. So impressed we went back for lunch, more of the same as earlier and we weren't disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good value, good service and very friendly staff. Kids are more than welcome, I go with my friends twins who are 1 now but have been going often since they were born.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice little coffee shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Called in for a coffee with husband and cousin whom we were visiting. Friendly service, we took our baby daughter and she was wooing the waitresses!

There were pots of sugar sachets on the tables with sweeteners too which I know is petty but this gets a HUGE thumbs up from me. I am always forgetting to bring my sweeteners! Nice coffee, nice surroundings.

• Visited August 2013