“Yes cheap as chips” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Yes cheap as chips”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say cold food unfriendly staff and lost it community based pub. A carvery at it worst sorry to say. Place looks dirty seats and walls with gravy. Never again

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Choice for vegetarians extremely poor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm fine with purchasing a cheap meal, but no matter how cheap, no point going if as a veggie there's nothing available to eat! Last time I went I had to ask for an omelette to be cooked especially, which they were fine with, but this took me back. I thought most restaurant's had SOMEthing suitable for veggies. This place is outdated and frankly doesn't cater for everybody.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lewes, United Kingdom
“CHEAP AS CHIPS AND IT SHOWS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you go down the saltdean tavern expecting posh nosh think again,This is aimed for oaps and familes on a budget the food is bland mircowave fare but at less than a fiver you only have yourself to blame,Its quite fun watching how much food people can get on there plate

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“lovely carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

always been impressed with this carvery for the money it is. service is always great in here, food is always top notch and they are never funny about asking for that extra yorkshire or slice of meat! easily accessable location wise, and parking is perfect too!

Visited June 2013
“the manager needs some lessons in customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

when i visit my friend in saltdean we always go to the carvery with the kids and have always enjoyed it. on this occasion my friend payed first for herself and two others and then i paid after for myself and my two children. i paid by credit card and he gave me my receipt but NOT the carvery tickets that are needed. i asked for them and he told me he had already given them to me which he clearly had not, maybe he was getting confused with the credit card receipt. he then started to argue with me at which point i raised my voice and then he printed them off. when he handed them over he once again said i did give them to you and walked off. when i came to meet my friend in the Que i was so upset and humiliated i felt like he was accusing me of lying! the chef was very nice and apologized on his behalf. some serious customer service skills are required in this place and i shall never go back.

• Visited April 2013