“Good food and hard working staff..” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 822 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Brighton,England.
“Good food and hard working staff..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have been here a couple of times now and although it can get very busy we were impressed with the food and the service...seafood is lovely...steak ok, nice frites and there is a good choice of french wines. The room is lovely, dark and atmospheric but lively. We will go back. As I say all the staff work really hard behind the scenes and we were well looked after by Anna Stanecka.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Slow service was only downside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My third Cote experience (Salisbury and Exeter, since you ask). Highly impressive building. Friday lunch with friends; large office group (perhaps two separate groups) in the central area. Food fine; excellent value for money. But, perhaps because of the office groups, the service was painfully slow - two courses in over two hours! Just as well the company was excellent. Would go again but would choose my day carefully. Four stars is generous; three would be churlish. It's that big gap between "average" and "very good" again!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

been here a couple of times. lovely atmosphere
the food is good french food, it is not cheap but it is good value for money,
would recommend the chateubriand.

• Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Made us ill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have been wanting to dine here for quite a while and finally went along last night with three friends. We were really looking forward to and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere (we were sat upstairs where it was quieter). Had a wonderful evening . . . Until two of our party woke in the night with stomach pains and being violently ill. The two of us that were sick had both eaten the chocolate mousse for dessert which must have been the reason.

If this was a one-off incident I wouldn't bothered too much (although I generally have a very strong stomach and never get ill in this way). However, my friend who was also ill last night had dined at Cote previously with her husband and had been violently sick that visit. Another friend has informed me today that her brother dined at Cote last week and was also very sick with food poisioning after.

There is obviously something hygenically wrong at Cote. Which is a massive shame as the food tasted fabulous and the service and atmosphere are second-to-none.

Unfortunately I won't be eating here again. There are plenty of lovely restaurants in Brighton that don't make you sick!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Hove, United Kingdom
“Superb yet again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have already written a review praising this place and yep I feel the need to do it again. Went for a meal, 4 of us, and what great service, great food, absolutely gorgeous all round. We all left feeling happy and glad we chose here to go for some food and wine before going to watch Swan Lake at the Theatre Royal. Cannot fault it in anyway! I even booked my table on-line asking to be put by the window and yep we were by the window without any problem.
Love it!!