“Good food, great decor and nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

01273 777770
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohemia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 876 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Grand Cafe & Late Lounge. Award-winning cocktail bar. Homemade, fresh modern European cuisine.Winner of Best New Business 2013 at the BAHBAs (Brighton & Hove Business Awards). Open for Breakfast, Lunch, Traditional Afternoon Cream Tea, and Dinner. Cocktail bar open till 1am week days, then 3am Friday & Saturday nights. Venue is available for private functions.
Surrey
“Good food, great decor and nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stumbled across Bohemia purely by chance whilst walking around Brighton. We go to Brighton about 4-5 times a year for a family day out and have been doing so for the past 14 years. We have eaten at many places but fancied something different on Friday and spotted this new restaurant tucked away. The décor is very stylish and I am sure it will attract the local trendsetters in the evenings. We were greeted by a very nice waiter who was very attentive for the duration of our visit. We are a hungry bunch and like our food so was looking forward to tucking in to some yummy food. I had the squid to start and it was delicious. The batter on the squid was some of the lightest I have ever had. My wife had the pumpkin soup, which arrived in a pumpkin!! The mains were a good size and also very tasty. Would go back and think it would be a good venue for a party.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hove, England, United Kingdom
“Congratulations Bohemia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to Bohemia last Friday with my son.... It was the best lunch and cocktail I've ever had in the U.k Probably the world ... and I'm very well travelled..... The Staff were very friendly and attentive
So polite and the attention to detail was exceptional My son had the chocolate Mozart from the cocktail menu made with dry Ice Amazing presentation... I had the Jamaican breakfast cocktail which I highly Recommend..... I then ordered The special off the lunch menu...seabass with Langoustine and mash and green beans .....Best lunch I've had in the U.k ....I will Definitely be back ... Well Done Bohemia

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Saturday lunch October 19th..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Always receive a warm welcome at Bohemia.. it was a busy Saturday lunch..with the usual great atmosphere..

It was a shame to see other folk complain & react to a typical hectic Saturday lunch time..

The food lift had apparently broken earlier that day, We totally disagree with the awful comment by other folk sat near us..we were told ever so politely by yhe restaurant manager there would be delays as were actually very busy and the lift which food arrives was playing up..at no time did he shout or was rude .we thought he handled it quite proffessionally to be honest ..we had a lovely sat lunch and he was chatting away to a lot of happy customers....We totally dissagree with the awful comment previous..it was worth the wait and the food was delicious..some people look for things to moan about..ignore and go see for yourself...
We are regulars at Bohemia and loo forward to next time..

Thank you Team.. :-)

Sara & Friends...

London
“Chocolate teapot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We first stumbled across Bohemia at New Year and had an excellent meal and excellent service. So when we decided to pay Brighton a visit this weekend, we thought we would go back for lunch...

...unfortunately while our main courses came out quite quickly and were lovely, my dessert, a chocolate teapot (glorified chocolate mousse) took nearly an hour to arrive, and only suddenly appeared when I said I wanted to cancel my order and just get the bill.

The table next to us waited for over an hour for their main courses, to be told that their food was "stuck in the lift"...first time I have ever heard that excuse !

Thankfully they didn't have to pay for their food and I didn't get charged for my chocolate teapot, but unfortunately we could couldn't get the time we wasted back.

Probably won't return to Bohemia on my next trip to Brighton, which is a shame.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visited with my husband and son yesterday for breakfast with bubbly. Very warmly greeted by Nick the maitre d' and served by lovely staff. Food was fantastic and we were invited to look around the rest of the building, which transforms from a great place to eat, to a cocktail lounge to a nightclub.
We shall return and recommend it to our friends! A great find. Did not comment on the suitability for children because it didn't apply to us as our sons are grown up!
Vicki