“Perfect location for a week end break with clean and comfy rooms and warm friendly owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millards Hotel

You added Millards Hotel to your Saves list
Millards Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   23 Broad Street | Kemptown, Brighton BN2 1TJ, England   |
Special Offer
Book Directly
Ranked #39 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Dagenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

in a word, WOW! My girlfriend and I stayed for one night. From before I arrived the Owner, Tony, called me to make sure I knew how to get there and gave me advice on the best bus etc. On arrival, there was a warm friendly greeting and a large, clean room. It is located on the quiet side of town, which was handy at night. Having said that, the town centre is a 10 minute walk away.

Breakfast was excellent. Vegie, English or continental was all catered for and the English I had was well cooked and very tasty.

Having stayed in hotels and guest houses before, nothing was over complicated. Even check out was just a matter of handing back the keys and shaking Tony's hand. A really lovely place to stay, and even better to return to.

Room Tip: I had the choice between a room with a balcony and the one stated with a partial sea view. Consideri...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Havant, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I've just returned from 6 nights at this wonderful guest house, the owner, Tony, was there to meet us and make us feel really welcome, he was ever so helpful and was supported by superb staff.
The room was everything we had hoped for and exactly as advertised. Spotlessly clean, the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in and a shower you melt in with pleasure.
Every morning we had a delicious breakfast and Tony was there making sure we got whatever we needed and making us feel almost like part of his family.
I was expecting some noise as the guest house is only a couple of minutes from Brighton Pier, but it was surprisingly quiet and we had no problem getting all the sleep we could hope for.
I have never stayed in Brighton before but would have no problem recommending this guest house to all of my friends, my enemies can find their own places to stay. ;o)

Room Tip: Room 4 if you can get it
Romsey, Hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My 13 year old son and I have just returned from a restful 2day stay at Millards.
I had phoned to speak with Tony directly to check out that Millards would meet our requirements before deciding to book. I found Tony really helpful,advising on room choice and confirming that the National Express Coach stop was only a 5 minute walk away...so we decided to leave the car at home( a very good decision!) We were looking for a small, comfy guest house within close walking distance of the traditional attractions and with a friendly host.
Tony delivered all that he had promised. He arrived promptly to greet us, I paid as agreed and he showed us up to our lovely room(room6). He even carried my bag and made sure my son could log on to the internet easily! We found the room just as described..clean,spacious and comfortable. The facilities all worked well and the tea/coffee making facilities and toiletries were appreciated.
We slept really well..noticed no more than the expected morning noise of a residential area waking up! We liked the traditional sash windows..though these obviously allow a little more noise than normal.
Breakfast time (9-10) suited us and was delicious..freshly cooked to perfection with good quality ingredients. Tony served the breakfast and we enjoyed his conversation and company.
We really could not find fault with Tony or with Millards.We would look forward to returning. Tony was even kind enough to store our bags for us so that we did not have to lug them round the Pavillion with us on our day of departure!... AND the location is excellent too!

Room Tip: Higher rooms probably quieter..no problem in our room(6). Phone and speak to Tony before you book to...
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Well where to begin....when we arrived we rang tony and he was promptly over to show us the room which was no 1..very clean and tidy and the decor was lovely, me and my husband felt very welcome at millards, and tony was very polite and said anything we required do not hesitate to ask, he was brilliant, always smiling and jolly nothing would have been to much trouble for him.

The breakfast was a full english and was fantastic, tony serves the occupants himself which was nice to see an owner mucking in...his staff are very friendly as well.

The hotel is bang opposite the brighton pier and very close to all shops very convenient, you have your own front door keys, so you can come and go as you please.

Please make up your own minds and pay a visit, you would not be disappointed at all, the rooms are great, area is perfect the host TONY is a great person with a big heart, who will make your stay perfect, as I would say I felt home from home as soon as I went in...

Thanks Tony you should be proud of what you have achieved.....well done....

Room Tip: Room 1 is ground floor with en-suite shower...perfect....
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Everything about our stay here was fine (our greeting by the co-owner, the decor and cleanliness of the room) until the morning. The B&B is in an old building and signs on the bedroom doors ask guests to consider that noise travels when they come in at night. Nonetheless, just after 7 am I was woken by the bass of the music coming from the breakfast room which was just below our bedroom. Now since they do not start serving breakfast until 9 am I had hoped to have a lie in. However, unable to get back to sleep I hauled myself downstairs in my night clothes and had only spoken the words, "Excuse me, would you mind..." before I was interrupted by a tirade from the owner Tony who wanted formal introductions from an obviously half asleep guest. He seemed to have forgotten that I was paying to stay there. It was pointless to respond to such anger so, wide awake by now, I went back upstairs and my wife and I packed and left without our breakfast as it would have been very unpleasant to have had it with him in the room.

Room Tip: If you must stay and want a lie until breakfast try and get a room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We arrived at 2 oclock and Tony was right there to meet and greet us. Our room was beautiful and the location was fantastic. Tony is a lively character who is full of fun and very keen to please. The breakfast was cooked to perfection and very well laid out. To summarise, this guest house is absolutely spotless yet does not have a regimented or autocratic feel about it. Everything is how you want it, as you want it, with no time limits. I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone and my husband and I would certainly not book anywhere else in Brighton after staying here for 2 nights. Thanks Tony for a friendly welcome, hope to see you soon. many thanks Roddy and Patricia

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4, which was beautiful with high ceilings, large bed and views of the pier. excell...
Rhyl, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel with my husband and parents inlaw, and it has the worst hotel owner we have ever come across. As soon as we arrived he wanted our payment in cash, which we had agreed but let us get in and unpack at least.
He then took us to our room which had been newly decorated and was ok, very basic and not what we were expecting after seeing the photos online. there was nothing at all in the bathroom, no hand soap or shelves to put your stuff on, it was so bare it looked like a factory toilet.
He showed us the fridge and the contents which were water, mini coke cans and small cartons of juice, he said they are £1 each.We later discovered that 2 cartons were out of date.
The showers did not work properly in both rooms and were hopeless.There was no handle on our wardrobe it was in the bedside table.
We were told that breakfast times were 9 - 10.30 and there would be no changes to this time no matter what. We said we have to catch a train on Monday at 9.49 could we have it abit earlier then and he said NO because it takes to long for the sausages to cook and his staff did not arrive until 8.30 and they will not be rushed, even thou we were the only guests that morning.
My husband asked if he could have some cereal whilst the full english was being prepared but he said NO you have one or the other, we could not believe it, we have never been to a hotel and refused cereal.
On the last morning we went down to the breakfast room at about 8.35 and waited on the sofas that he insists you sit on before going to your table. He came in and flipped on us for being in there at that time,the man is a complete nutter and is really got a personality problem.
He then sat and told us how much it costs to run the hotel and how hard he works and he seem to resent us being there, we have not come away for a weekend break to hear about his problems running his business. And to top it all when we thought it could not get any worse he rang my husband on the afternoon when we had just arrived home, he accused us of stealing the wicker basket and toiletries out of the bathroom, OMG there was not even any there. Very strange experience.Please DO NOT book this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Millards Hotel? Share your experiences!