“Spoil yourself” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Spoil yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I arrived in Brighton, shortly before the Millennium, Queens Rd was a slightly run down row of small shops and kebab houses, now it houses Foodies delights like the Cocoa Patisserie. This may well become a local place of pilgrimage.

The cakes in the window DO taste as good as they look and if that's not enough to draw you in, the food inside is equally good. It's a small quite space, great for morning coffee or subtle assignations alike.

So the next time your heading into town from the Station, fall into a little piece of France, before continuing a potentially hectic British day.

• Visited July 2013

91% Recommend
uk
“ooh lala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good to see the french manageress back bringing with her a bit of Parisienne ooh lala and transforming the buzz in this delightful cafe'/restaurant..the pastries are to die for so forget the diet! The macaroons are delicious!...Service 1st class and the atmosphere is very authentic .. it is a special place to visit if never been before or here visiting with friends ..Bon Appetit!

• Visited September 2013
Hove
“..what a delightful experience..Mrs Young”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

...I was in need of a little break after shopping in the area and popped in to Cocoa Patisserie for a coffee..however..when the very french owner Corrinne welcomed me I was transported to Paris and had an overwhelming desire for some French Onion Soup followed by a very naughty French Pastry..plus the coffee of course. I will certainly be going back if only for the delightful welcome..

Oxfordshire
“Lifesaver near the Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had just arrived at Brighton Station after a somewhat hectic (never travel through Reading Station as the festival is ended, even though the staff worked extra hard to keep everybody moving), we were gagging for a drink and a snack. I adore macaroons and the display in the window was very attractive. After a brief discussion, while admiring the tempting items in the window, we went in the staff were welcoming and were great about our bags and baggage. We ordered from a very reasonable menu, my friend went for the toasted ham and cheese sandwich and I went for the toasted brie and onion marmalade. I thoroughly enjoyed mine and by all appearances my friend felt exactly the same. We also ordered a pot of tea, which was proper leaf tea, and it came with a thermos of hot water! I could not resist a macaroon and after a very brief deliberation choose the sea salt caramel, as did my friend, it was delicious. This set us up for all the fun of the rest of the day, which included getting lost on the way to our hotel! This café has a sister outlet and our very late lunch was an excellent introduction to the lovely, lively place that is Brighton!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Cute Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This little shop is really pretty, and it feels like a real French patisserie. The macarons are quite chewy, and I've never had one before so I'm not sure how they're supposed to be. The puddings were unusual but really tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Food