“Roast and football - what a combination!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds
“Roast and football - what a combination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My daughter and I visited the pub on Sunday with two aims. 1= to watch the football on Sky as we are both Leeds fans and 2= To have a fantastic lunch. We were very pleased with both as our team won (although the commentary was not on - just the music) We arrived at 1pm and managed to get the last table which unfortunately was near the side door which kept banging into me when people came in - eventually we moved the table slightly and that was better. The food was lovely with plenty of vegetables and some lovely roast potatoes. The beef was so tender and delicious and being two Yorkshire lasses we opted for extra Yorks puds - a nice 'extra' you can order. We had to ask for extra gravy but that came very quickly and was piping hot. We even had a couple 'reserving' our table when we left so struck up a conversation with them and let them have our table. A lovely lively pub with first class food.,

• Visited October 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“1 of top 5 pubs in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visit the Lion & Lobter Pub weekly and it is one of my favourite pubs in town.
The food is great (beet root risotto is my favourite on the menu)
Staff are ALWAYS friendly and the interior simply makes the place special. The outside area is great for both winter and summer.
The new booking system is a great idea, though the email confirmation suggests that you get assinged a time limit until one has to clear the table which I didn't appreciate entirely.
Please accept Amex.

• Visited September 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Roast Dinners and Best Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is the type of pub you can literally stay in all day/night. The atmosphere is always buzzing, Ive never seen this pub quiet! The roast dinners are probably the best I've tasted in Brighton! Yes there's always a queue at the bar but there is plenty of friendly and fun staff to serve you. Easily the best pub in Brighton by far!

• Visited July 2013
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had the fish platter which was amazing. My husband had fish and chips which he said was as good as he had eaten anywhere. Very reasonable prices.

Visited October 2013
brighton and hove
“Finally got a table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After recommendations from friends have tried to book a table on various occasions. . Always with no luck. So very pleased to finally visit.
Was very busy but service was good. .. we ordered vegetarian platter.. bread olives humus etc. .. very good. For our main course my friend had steak. . Was slightly too rare for her but still good. I had a potato stack with mushrooms. .was delicious.
Smoking area is a real bonus.
Only complaint I could make is that due to numbers of people was quite hot and stuffy... otherwise great