“Great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
Suffolk
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Helpful polite and very friendly staff.easy check in,beautiful room and surprisingly quiet for city centre hotel! we plan to return.centrally located,smelt clean and fresh beds very comfortable.plenty of space in room everything is on doorstep.very secure hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

In the middle of town but we heard no noise from traffic. The bedroom was large and roomy. The bed large and comfortable with a choice of pillows, soft or hard, so had a good nights sleep. Recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed in Premier Inns before and they have always been fine but when I arrived last night the receptionist explained, rather apologetically, that the telephones had been removed from all the rooms. This was a decision made by the top management we understand, because the company that serviced them had gone bust.
When I got to my room I found that, if I wanted to contact reception, I was expected to have a mobile phone and had to ring an 0871 number at 10p a minute!! This city centre hotel has 7 floors and hundreds of rooms. What am I supposed to do if I fall ill in the night/have a problem with the plumbing/want to tell them about a noise problem etc etc? Go down to reception in my dressing gown? As a woman travelling on my own I was very unhappy about this.
I rang an alternative mobile number for the manager; he was sympathetic but explained it was a decision taken by the top management. I explained that I too have taken a decision – not to stay in a Premier Inn again unless they replace the telephones!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Brighton City Centre, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologise for any disappointment caused. Premier Inn has less than 50% of its hotels with phones in the bedrooms. In the last 3 years we have seen a steady decrease in the usage of the phones in rooms by our guests. We have also seen a dramatic increase in cost of maintaining these in-house telephone systems.We have provided contact details in every room for how you can contact the reception team and also the Cluster and Regional Manager should the reception team be unable to resolve any issues that you may have. Thank you once again for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Family room for 2 adults, 2 children and infant. Good rate of £101.50, inc breakfast. Good big room with linen and towels supplied for all family members, inc baby. Cooked breakfast was a bit tasteless, but lots of choice and variety. Air conditioning wasn't working, but with no quibbles they made good on their 'good night sleep guarantee' and fully refunded us.

• Stayed August 2013
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Although there is inevitably some street noise filtering up in such a central location, a pair of ear plugs sorts that out and everything else was great - staff exceptionally friendly and helpful, rooms a good size, clean and comfortable and fantastic value for the location in the centre of Brighton in high season. It is 5 - 10 minutes walking distance to almost anything you might want to see in the centre of town and right opposite the Lanes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed at several Premier Inns and this is one that is definitely due for a refurbishment. Not the best location, with beggars sleeping rough in many shop doorways within yards of the hotel. This part of town felt quite threatening when venturing out in the evening.

Receptionist was very welcoming upon my arrival (which was more than could be said for Simon who answered the phone when I made an enquiry the day before. He was completely disinterested.)

My room was adequate, but the window wouldn't shut properly so it was quite noisy. To be fair they did offer to refund the cost of my room as a result, but I'm a good sleeper so I wasn't disturbed by the noise sufficiently to warrant the refund. The shampoo and shower gel dispenser in the bath was empty which I didn't discover until it was too late.

Otherwise the room was clean and tidy. It was a typical city centre Premier Inn which one shouldn't compare with the country locations, but nevertheless a bit of TLC to the place wouldn't go amiss.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here 28/29th August with my family. Arrived early but staff stored our luggage whilst we explored. Check in was very smooth and staff on reception very friendly and helpful. We had a large family room which was very clean and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was delicious and plentiful. Great value as both kids ate free if 1 adult purchased a premier breakfast. Every member of staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Premier Inn Brighton City Centre? Share your experiences!