“Good Ol' Aldo's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Ol' Aldo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a legendary place. Had a really rubbish pizza in my current hometown of Oxford recently, and it made me nostalgic for Aldo's. I lived in Brighton for five years, and Aldo's was definitely the most reliably enjoyable pizza place in the city. No fancy gourmet frills, just straight up good quality and obviously fresh ingredients. The staff are excellent, really nice and friendly, and the manager (Aldo himself?) is wicked. He makes you feel like you're hanging out and drinking in his home kitchen. Oh, and the home delivery service is way better than your Domino's/Pizza Hut nonsense, any day.
The menu is really just a list of ideas rather than an actual set food menu. You can - and are encouraged to - customise your pizzas as much as you want. The calzones are really, really great. And of course, any restaurant with BYOB is all the better for it.
If you live in Brighton and haven't been yet, you're a fool.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“A lovely little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a cup of tea and various food plus a side of very tasty chips. Quite impressed with the honesty and pleasant staff. Recommended

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic, wish I lived in Brighton so I could come here more often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends travelled up to Brighton for a gig, we left straight from work so we were eager for some dinner after our long trip before the gig. We were attracted to how homely and warm it looked from the outside so we decided on here. The staff were very friendly, helpful and hospitable to our needs. I'm heavily pregnant and ordered the prawn salad, I asked for the prawns to be well cooked and they did this with no hesitation at all. We were all very happy and suitably stuffed with our dinners and left for the gig in very good moods. My only wish is this cafe was in Southampton so I could come here every week! Thank you very much for showing me excellent customer service is still in practice :)

• Visited March 2013
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited here whilst looking for a quick meal before a gig. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The pizza is brilliant, freshly made and probably one of the best I have had. Pasta also very good, all four of us were impressed by our food. Reasonable prices too. Will defiantly be coming here again.

Kent
“Superb experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were visiting friends nearby and visited this little gem for a second time. Food was cooked fresh and tasted really nice. You were able to customize ingredients and staff were very accommodating. Staff were friendly and not pushing to get you out the door. You are able to bring your own alcohol. We popped across the road to the off licence for a bottle of wine. If you are looking for a formal sit down and silver service, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for good food, no frills, have kids and do not want to spend a fortune eating out in Brighton, this is the place for you. I will be visiting again when I next come back to Brighton.

• Visited February 2013