“Red Warning!” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Convention Centers, Theaters & Stadiums
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Red Warning!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have just visited a wine fair at the centre & felt that I needed to add a comment. Firstly as I walked into the hall where the fair was taking place I suddenly felt dizzy & slightly nautious. The carpet is bright red & then the lights were all up full plus the stands all had their own lights. I have never ever experienced that feeling before but as I stepped on to the red carpet I felt that I may have to turn round & leave because I felt so bad. I managed to stay & enjoy the wine tasting but only by keeping my head up while walking between the stalls. I was determined that it would not ruin my day but must admit that it did spoil it..... Dizzy & nautious before even one taste of wine!

My second comment has to be about 'some' of the staff. On the whole the staff there working for the centre were polite, friendly & efficient. At the end of the day it was those that were clearing the room of people, those employed as bouncers, that ruined it. They may well have to contend with packed concerts & rowdy crowds but the way that we were spoken to & treated was not right at all. I found them very rude. We were not rowdy or refusing to leave. I found them so offensive that I feel I have to mention it....... Send them on some people management courses!

Both of these experiences tainted my whole impression if the centre.

Visited September 2012

Brighton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Biggest, not best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

No heart to this venue - sound not always great for live gigs. Food and drink VERY expensive and you have to queue for ages!

London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Shop and Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

it is a great place to shop but also to relax after all the walking around the shops. It is an ideal place to come to when you want a break from the pier.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Great concert venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Managed to get hold of a box to see a show with my friend. Drinks etc were a bit costly, but our view was great and we were really pleased to have such a good view, plus our own private disco room! Great night, we will definitely be looking at the upcoming performances and visiting again!

Visited February 2012
Brighton
“Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I took a 20 year old with special needs to see the Disney show (which was also terrible) to the Brighton Centre. She wanted a programe for the show to add to her collection. When I asked for a reciept for this as she is an adult and needed this the seller smirked, looked at her friend and laughed. The young person I was with was obviousley special needs but recognised that she was being laughed at which was awful. I complained to the Disney crew who explained it was the Brighton Centre staff who were selling the programes.

I am a Service Manager for a large organisation looking after young people with special needs and will make sure we go elsewhere in future.

What goes round comes around.

Visited August 2012