“Great Groupon deal.....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brighton, England
“Great Groupon deal.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went for a (very) late lunch during the week with our Groupon voucher clutched in our hot little hands and trepidation in our hearts, due to the previous bad reviews. We were happily surprised with the whole experience from start to finish. The restaurant was light and airy with a pleasant atmosphere. Our polish waitress was friendly and efficient and looked after us very well. Our deal was for two pizza or pasta dishes and an extra charge of £5.00 for a bottle of house wine. We duly ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio rose which was good enough and chilled nicely. It was brought to our table already in a cooler, something other places should do automatically but sometimes don't. Spaghetti vongole for me and cannelloni with beef, tomato sauce and bechamel sauce for him. After a fairly long wait and seeing other dishes enticingly waft past us we were more than ready to eat. My first impression was that my pasta was a little dry but after swiftly giving it a turn, lots of lovely light stock and many clams (with a fair amount of chilli I might add) appeared, situation sorted, tasty food! The cannelloni was unctuously delicious with plenty of mozzarella on top too (well it would have been rude not to sample some) and in a different league to the godawful mess we'd been served in Isola (microwave ping!). We ended up almost having tapas, as we couldn't resist "just one more bite of yours". Overall, a jolly tasty lunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bedford
“Good meal and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hadnt seen any reviews of this place- stumbled across it whilst on a weekend away. The staff were very friendly and the place was busy- Saturday night

We went with our three daughters- who can be fussy- but each found something they liked on the menu- although it has to be said this was from that was in the window offering a deal. When we were handed the menus this deal wasnt on it and we had to ask for the deal menu- bit naughty.

Having said that the waitress was excellent couldnt do enough for us, the food was delivered quickly and they were good portions and enjoyed by all

Slightly pricey but would go back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very poor effort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a Groupon last night.

We had starters which were very average and expensive for what they were. Garlic mushrooms, about half a dozen in quarters with a lettuce leaf, half a cherry tomato and a slice of cucumber. Deep fried mozzarella. Two average size pieces with a similar salad.

Just as we finished our starters, the babysitter called to tell me that our daughter had been very sick and could we come home ASAP. Obviously this was our priority so I explained to the waitress and asked if they'd be able to box up my pizza which was almost ready. I paid the bill, which bizarrely included £3.85 service charge and we got ready to leave.

Then the waitress bought over our meals...on plates and told me that the manager was not around and they don't do takeaways. So we'd waited around for 5 minutes and still couldn't get our meals. The staff even looked shocked when we left saying that it was pointless bringing us food on plates. However we weren't rude, didn't get loud or make a scene in any way.

Frankly, I am appalled by this level of service. A pizza shop that can't box up a pizza. It cost me £23 plus my voucher for two starters, a glass of wine and a diet coke.

Visited July 2013
“Wouldn't visit again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited today on a groupon deal. Service was terrible and they have the cheek to put service charge on your bill. Maybe this gives staff an excuse not to work for their tips.
Pizzas were mediocre and quite bland.
Atmosphere - well, where was it?? Thank god this was a groupon and I wasnt paying full price.
Save your money and go to a decent italian restaurant in town. I wont be back here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Great Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Quick and really good service, I found the food great !! Prices really reasonable!!
What more could you wish for!!

Visited June 2013