“Great Beer Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great Beer Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Couple of Cold beers - Thai salad hot and freash. Then hot thai curry. Fast friendly service. Great hot food very filling. Loved it

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Brighton
“Ray Review: "sort out your sevice!"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A late review, but wanted to get the pics for my facebook as proof.

We went to the restaurant around May and it was during one of my friends many excuses for a birthday celebration! Don't ask, but he is an attention seeker!

Well the restaurant was nice and clean. The service was slow and we can only blame their lack of experienced front of house for the delay in service.

It must have taken us over an hour for our food to arrive and even then the drinks didn't exactly arrive quickly.

The food was honestly average! But the service was just really slow. I have had the TOM YUM GONG SOUP from other places and this one was the same. Therefore I question the authentic nature of the rest of the menu. Or maybe its a question of taste, but I have had much better soup than other places.

As for the bill, we didn't pay the full service charge, as it took over an hour for our food and the place wasn't even close to being packed. I would only say it was 40% capacity on a saturday evening!

The waitress was quick to notice the short change in the service only! and she even came out of the restaurant to question us about it. We told her that we couldn't possibly pay for the whole of the service charge (which is not compulsory anyway!) due to the lack of........service! And when the waitress did approach us, one of my friends did say to her "sort out your service!". He did have a few...when they finally came!

In the end she was satisfied with our explanation, but she should have given us some slack as I did ask the waitress after the long delay "can we have our food!"

Overall, I couldn't possibly recommend this place as their are other great places in Brighton and despite one of my friends saying he actually went back their, he had a more enjoyable experience.

But not for me!

Photo's on facebook: Ray Review and even reviews on youtube: ray8uk to prove I have been to these places and tried the food and I am not a rogue reviewer who tries to help or destroy the livelihood of a hard working restaurant entrepreneur. Any questions please ask!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Really good tasty food, presented beautifully and good value for money. So much on the menu that had to go twice in the one week I was in Brighton, and will definetly go back when I visit again. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laramie, Wyoming
“Favorite Thai Place in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

As an American living in England, I find myself not finding what I'm looking for at many restaurants. My wife had taken me to a much more expensive Thai place over xmas and I found it to be a total let down. Street Thai was the polar opposite. Very good service, excellent drinks and absolutely delicious thai food at a very reasonable price. We stopped in at lunch while shopping for our wedding rings so I had the lunch special. The chicken satay for the appetizer was perfectly cooked and the peanut sauce was the best I've had. For the main, I had a yellow curry prawn dish that was one of the nicest things I've ever eaten. My wife is vegetarian and was equally pleased with everything she ordered. Can't recommend this place enough. Well done.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went there on a Saturday night and it was very busy bit the staff did their best to service us despite being a little under staffed. Food was tasty and well presented. Nice atmosphere.

Visited April 2012