“A touch of tapas” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A touch of tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I hadn't eaten at this restaurant for well over a year but it was a spur of the moment decision. We hadn't booked but were there just after 6, so on the promise that we'd be finished by 8pm, we took one of the booked tables. I would strongly recommend you do book though to avoid disappointment. Whilst there were only 2 other tables there, service seemed a little slow but there was only one person serving, however, once the order was taken the food started to arrive fairly swiftly. Another waitress came on at 7pm so the service picked up after that. The food was great, you've just got to try the padron peppers, especially with a cold beer! They also had a loin of pork dish on the specials menu which was delicious. We easily made our way through 6 dishes which was plenty for 2 - with a couple of beers and a coffee came in at around the £35 mark. This is a fairly small restaurant, with about 8-10 tables in the main room, a couple down a few steps at the back and also a couple outside. I've eaten here for a birthday celebration so they can easily push the tables together to accomodate a group. Once it starts to get a bit full it can get quite noisy and buzzy - if you're after a romantic dinner for two this might not be the right place to go to but if you're after a great atmosphere, and some cheap and cheerful tapas than you should definitely try it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Authentic & delicious tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've only just recently discovered Solera - it was introduced to me by a Brighton friend. The food here is totally delicious and probably better than any other tapas I've eaten in Brighton. It's easily missed due to its location and unassuming appearance, but that doesn't mean it's not busy..make sure you book ahead at peak times as it's very popular.

On my most recent visit we ate the oxtail stew, baked goat's cheese with honey, chorizo in sherry, gambas ajillo and baked aubergine. Every dish was a winner and a meal for two with a lovely bottle of their house Rioja was just over £50 which is really good value for for food this good. I'm looking forward to going back again and again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

On arriving the table was not ready then give a table for two people and when it should had been for four people, and then the staff told me it was a table for four ( four kids ) clearly looking round the restaurant you could see that everybody else only had two on this size table to be honest they could not get the four menus on the table it was that small. I booked six weeks ago and felt we were inconvenience definitely will not be returning or recommended to anybody else.

Visited May 2014
Diego J, Gerente at Solera D Tapas, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Russell:

I'm really sorry for your experience with us. Unfortunately, all the tables we have are tables for four people. It is a small and cozy place and we like it like that. My waitress even offered you to add an extra table so you could be more comfortable, but you didn't accept it and left without even trying any of our services. I think your rating isn't accurate since you didn't even tasted our food or service.
I hope that, in a future, you decide to try once again and give an opportunity to the best tapas in town. You won't regret it.

Best regards!

The management
London, United Kingdom
“We love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Third visit in as many years. Always go here when in Brighton and never disappoints! The staff are always really helpful but leave you alone when you want to be! Normally go for lunch which always lasts 2-3 hours. We order the fantastic tapas two or 3 at a time and gradually graze our way through most of the dishes. Love the atmosphere and always something going on outside and great for people watching! Great little place with plenty of dishes to please everybody and food comes very quickly and always freshly cooked. Will keep coming back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kunming, Yunnan, China
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Been here twice now and both times the food has been great! Service is average as both times the waitresses have been pretty busy but the food is excellent and I like the small, cosy feel of the restaurant. Sangria is pretty good too :)

• Visited March 2014