“Good value basic hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Good value basic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here overnight on Christmas Day. Just needed a bed for the night after a late lunch and evening with family living close by. Service was good and friendly and we were happy with the two rooms, which were clean, warm and functional with a comfortable bed and good shower. Location was convenient for us, and it is right opposite the park, but is some way out of town. Rooms on that park side do also face on to a busy main road and there was a noisy early morning rubbish collection at the back on Boxing Day. Parking costs £5 per 24 hours, which is very cheap by Brighton standards. We also paid a bit extra to allow for cancellation up to the previous day and for an early check in. In the event we did need to cancel th third room and the early check in worked well.

We've stayed there before for a number of years and expect to be back next year.

Small niggles. Corridors and lift could have done with a bit of a clean. More than half an hour free wifi would be good if you were staying longer. And why do so many hotels, this one included, give you three pillows for a double bed?

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is conveniently placed and has a good view over Preston Park, the rooms are clean, comfortable and a good size. The hotel represents good value for money when staying in Brighton. We stayed here at Christmas to visit our daughter, the staff were all helpful and we will definitely do this again

Dorset, Uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The member of staff who welcomed us was lovely, we checked in, came down to reception, where another lady was there. I asked what time breakfast was, she said to be down for 10am at the latest to get some food, as they finish serving at 11am. We got down at 10.10am, only to be told that we had got it wrong, as breakfast had finished at 10am! My daughter was with me the night before and remembers her saying it finished at 11. We were in a hurry, so had no time to stop off anywhere else, thus had to skip breakfast, my 7 year old daughter was upset and we were hungry.

The room was dirty, the single bed my daughter couldn't sleep on, as it was too springy and springs were felt through through the mattress so she had to sleep with me. There were sticky ring cup marks on the bedside tables, dust all over the furniture and fixings. The TV was dirty and the carpet stained. We had to walk around in our shoes. The bathroom smelt of urine, especially when sitting on the toilet. There was black dirt/dust all around the extractor fan above the shower. The shower to bath was not working, so my daughter couldn't have a bath. The doors outside in the hall and other rooms slammed throughout the night waking us, they need to be on a slow close, not set up to slam, they need adjusting. It's a shame really, as if it was clean, it could be really lovely, but we were really disappointed. You also shouldn't have to pay for parking as you're already paying for your stay. Try staying at Innkeepers Lodge Patcham, just up the Road, free parking. We stay there every Christmas for Burning the Clocks.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have used the Preston Park Travelodge many times as it is close to where our son lives when we visit Brighton. I have always found it a pleasant experience. The staff are very friendly and always offer helpful advice. The rooms are always beautifully clean and well presented. The bed is very comfortable and I always sleep well. I don't bother looking for other hotel options, we go straight to this one and we are never disappointed.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed Friday night in December for a works party and just needed somewhere to sleep. The hotel is a converted office and tired. If you want to get anywhere, you have to go through a zillion doors and I did feel like I was dicing with death getting in one of the lifts. Room did the job but I didnt think it was that clean - water marks all down furniture in bathroom and I kept my shoes on whilst getting ready as there was no way I was putting bare feet on that carpet. At times I did feel like I was in Russia. However, it was cheap, located good for getting in and out of Brighton without fighting through the centre, was around £7 for a taxi into the town and I guess you get what you pay for. Have to say all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Ibis not much more and would stay there again next time.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
lowestoft suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A two night stay at this travelodge and I was really pleased with it, my room was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom and adequate hanging space for my clothes. The staff were really helpful and friendly and offered me a map of the area on arrival as well as asking if my journey had been good. The parking is very reasonably priced and I paid for two days taking my car in and out during the day times and evenings and I never had a problem finding a space when I returned though I do have a small car which definitely helped. One thing I will remember though is next time I visit I will ask not to be above the kitchen area as I didn't like waking up to the breakfast smell.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived 50 minutes before the 3 pm check in and had to pay £10.00 or wait until 3pm even though the room had been ready and empty for hours, lifts were in a very poor condition, dining area and bar very small, rooms were ok but nothing special, only stayed one night that was enough.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Brighton? Share your experiences!