“Unfriendly staff and food had little flavour” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
Hove, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly staff and food had little flavour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is my second visit to this restaurant although I'm not sure why I came back. My boyfriend went there a year ago and really liked it so I guess I thought maybe I had just chosen the wrong thing on the menu last time. Neither of the things we chose on the menu were available the second time I went there. When I asked for the noodles I wanted the owner just pointed to the ones that were available, I didn't hear him properly so I just asked again if the ones I pointed out were available and he just said no and seemed really annoyed that I didn't hear him the first time. I had noodles with dumplings both times and they had very little flavour. The few dumplings that I got were ok I guess but the noodles were very bland and just had some sauce, lots of raw onion and a bit of lettuce. I left the place still feeling hungry. My boyfriend remembered this place being good and thinks they might not be doing so well and are saving money by making the food cheaper.
The food wasn't horrible i guess but I wouldn't go again or recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Zürich
“The owner doesn't want you to be there.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The dumplings were ok but the noodles were plain as hell and everything comes out of the freezer to be 'cooked' in front of you. The owner was incredibly unfriendly and resents having to serve customers. I suppose at least it's cheap.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brighton
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The most important thing about this place is the food - the dumplings are amazing!! Admittedly the service is poor but then its not really about that when you go to the MoMo bar... the food makes it worthwhile!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The owner puts Basil Fawlty to shame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

In a documentary about how John Cleese talks about how he came up with Fawlty Towers he talks about the real hotel owner than inspired him. Let's just say in a few years this guy might have a sitcom written after him. If he was slightly less rude I'd give this place less stars but he gets three for sheer novelty value. The food is ok and pretty cheap, but if you go make sure its the kind of small, middle aged, grumpy guy, and try to enjoy the service rather than be offended by it. It's not you - it's him.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Unique dumpling bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a small chinese dumpling restaurant in the North Lanes. There is a small selection of dumplings and Udon noodles to choose from. If you are very hungry just take both. There is some special sauce included to pour over the dumplings and some salad is served on the side. Inside the restaurant there are only limited seats available, however you can always take the food away. I have been to Mo:Mo two or three times and I really enjoyed the food. Generally it is a great idea. If you look around in Brighton this food is quite unique. I don't think the dumpling bar is managed to its best but it definitely has some potential.

• Visited February 2012