“Best location in Brighton!” 4 of 5 stars

Queens Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1- 3 Kings Road, Brighton BN1 1NS, England   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best location in Brighton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

lovely hotel situated right in the heart of Brighton. The main shops are a 2 minute walk behind the hotel and the main beach is a 2 minute walk in front of the hotel. The room was modern and clean with a few nice touches such as a fridge and free wifi. The breakfast was standard and the staff were friendly. Having our hotel in such a top spot meant that we didn't have to forward plan our activities and the view from the room was beautiful.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a superior room for the view and were not disappointed - room was HUGE and view was f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am so delighted to see that your visit was such an enjoyable one , and we hope to see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Was looking forward to our trip to Brighton and our stay at the Queens. Rooms aren't cheap so I arrived with high expectations. The positives are the location, couldn't be any better! Breakfast was included, buffet style and you could eat as much as you like!, full English coffee and orange juice all available. Negatives, hotel too hot during the evening, windows that hardly open, I kept banging my head on the wooden pelmet above the window...and the beds are too small. That said we loved our weekend in Brighton, lovely place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit. Over the extremely warm spell , we were providing fans to our guests to use in their rooms , but I fully appreciate that the warm weather was so humid , that these only partially helped.
It is great to see that you enjoyed our central location , and buffet breakfast , and we hope to see you back again soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I used to live in England, but now I live in The USA.
I have to say, I thought I was booking a somewhat nice place for myself and my teenage son, so we could go visit my brother.
I could not believe what a bad hotel it was.
The rooms were like jersey shore motels without AC!
I had to sleep with the windows open because it was soo hot in the room.
But because the windows were open, all you could hear all night was laughing and screaming from the bars and club outside. We could not sleep. I will never stay there again
The bathroom was really old and needs updating. No fridge in room.
Pretty sad and depressing.
Oh, the breakfast was good.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to see that your visit did not meet with your expectations. I appreciate you would have enjoyed fridges in rooms , and of course over the extremely hot and humid weather , air conditioning also.
However , as with a majority of old (Queens Hotel is over 100 years old) traditional British seaside hotels , air conditioning is not a feature that is frequently available. We do however offer fans which can be requested from our reception team.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your breakfast during your visit.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The staff were friendly enough and the location can't be faulted at all, so why only three stars for the Queens? Well, it's just one of those venues that you're either going to love or hate. If you don't mind hotels that are, and feel very, very old then you'll probably not get what I don't like about it. It's just that old, shabby, run down feel around the edges, the little details and wear and tear that just put me off. I've stayed in older, but wonderfully presented and maintained hotels, but this is just one of those that feels unloved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to see that you thought the hotel came across as being a little unloved. A majority of our team have been here for many years , and it is the love of the hotel and what we achieve on a daily basis that keeps us here.
I was delighted to see that you found the staff to have been so friendly and that you enjoyed our central location.
We hope to see you back again in the future.
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The staff here are very helpful and the level of service is great, the hotel is let down by some shabby spots in the decor and furniture, although the bedroom we stayed in was a lovely large room. It was very clean and the housekeeping team did a fabulous job of changing and cleaning the room daily. Room service was very swift and helpful and the meal itself was superb. The buffet breakfast is very good but not outstanding, but again the staff were very helpful. The central location is fantastic although there is some street noise until rather late. The real negative for me was the heat in the room which as we could not open the window more than 4 inches was quite overwhelming. Air con would have been very good! Overall I would stay here again for the location and staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
It is really wonderful to see how you found our staff to have been helpful and friendly throught your visit , and how generally you enjoyed the time you stayed.
We hope to see you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for one night as part of our first wedding anniversary celebrations. It is in a very good location. We stayed in a classic double room (room 105) with a sea view. The room was clean and lovely with high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. We had a great view of the pier. Bed was comfy. We arranged for champagne in our room on arrival which was brought in as soon as we entered the room. The breakfast was average but nice and edible.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor , and congratulations on your anniversary!
I am delighted to see that you both enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back again in the not too distant future!
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The positives - The hotel is very central, practically on the pier! Rooms are of a good standard, breakfast is great (buffet style), staff are friendly, they let us check in early, baggage storage is available, clean and comfy beds.
The negatives - the spa does not have a steam room anymore but this is not deleted from info, no parking so be prepared to pay heavily for the multistorey. What only gave this review 2 stars is that we hardly got any sleep as there was excessive noise from nearby clubs and pubs until gone 4 in the morning! As it was hot, we had the window slightly open but would have stifled otherwise as there was no aircon.
I love Queens but would not stay again because of the noise factor unless I could pay for a seaview room (considerably more expensive than a standard double) which does not face the road near pubs and clubs.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
As we are so centrally located , there can be some occasions when noise from outside can affect our hotel guests , and as you so rightly mentioned , rooms that are higher up and sea facing tend to be the quieter option. Please accept our apologies for any issues you experienced.
In relation to parking options in Brighton , we have a very helpful section on our website (the "contact" section) which provides very helpful information as to the various locations and costs of car park throughout the city , and should be of great help on your next visit.
I am delighted to see that you found our staff to have been friendly , and that generally you enjoyed the hotel facilities.

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!