“A fabulous stay as always!” 4 of 5 stars

Legends Hotel
31-34 Marine Parade, Brighton BN2 1TR, England (Formerly New Europe)   |
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
Hampshire
“A fabulous stay as always!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My girlfriend and I managed to get the very last room for Pride Week this year, but it was a great little room. Small, but we were only using it as a place to sleep, so not a problem. The one thing I would suggest with the room is to knock the toilet and the shower into one as they are in the other rooms... it is just a bit too small to be two separate "rooms". Oh, and a little shelf to put your phone and jewellery on next to the bed too. OK for one side, where the land phone sits, but the person the other side of the bed has nothing.
When we stay here the rooms are always lovely and clean, with crisp white linen on the beds, and soft white towels. The staff are always friendly and chatty, and also very helpful. As always, their full English breakfast was delicious and filling - set us up for a good part of the day. :-)
If you are up for some clubbing in the evening, why not try their own club which they have in the basement. Just the job if the weather is against you.
Thanks again, Legends, for a fab weekend stay. :-)

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
West Thurrock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I always stay at this hotel whenever I stay at Brighton. It is very reasonalbly priced, very clean. Excellent breakfast and the nightclub downstairs is free to get in. Everything anyone would want in a Hotel. There may be no parking at the hotel so I just park right up the end of Queens Park Road for free and get a bus or taxi back to the hotel for a couple of quid. The only downside is the noise from the night club goes on until 4am, so I always ask for a room on the third or fourth floor. It is ideally situated right in the heart of the Gay scene and overlooks the pier and sea with lovely views. I never stay anywhere else.

Stayed August 2010
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was our umpteenth visit to the hotel and as expected had a great time there. Rooms are spotless and the full english breakfast cooked with good quality produce set us up for the day. Staff there do not put on a front, they genuinely care about their guests. Alwys a smile and a cheery hello every time you left or entered the hotel. Great location right on the sea front and in the hub of the action.
Hotels with these facilities and location would come at a much higher cost to us but I never feel that we are being exploited. Long may Legends reign as a great destination and keep yp the good work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We arrived in Legends not having researched it on the internet and just did a walk-in booking. There was one room available which was on floor three and out the back. The manager kindly offered us an upgrade later on much to our delight as there was a cancellation. The new room was out front with a seaview. The room we stayed in was clean, new decor, and adequate for our needs. The shower and toilet are smaller than average but we weren't too worried as they were vere clean and functional. There was no hairdryer in our room. When the manager couldn't find a spare one he allowed my wife to dry her hair in an adjacent room. I waited in the bar for my wife while she was drying her hair. I was surprised to find that the bar has a vibrant gay scene as I didn't realise it was one of Brightons most popular clubs for gays. Everyone was very friendly and I have to admit I did feel a bit happier when my wife turned up. The beat from the onsite club was audible from our bedroom such that my wife found it a little difficult to sleep. (Probably because we were on first floor). Breakfast was very good and hardworking staff gave us good advice on where to park/visit/eat etc during the trip. Well done Legends

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I returned recently from Legends on my own having been here with my ex partner when it was the New Europe.Legends itself is really spottlessly clean and bright.My budget bedroom lacked a wardrobe and hairdryer and a seat, small things which would have made my stay on my own a bit more comfortable but for £45 including breakfast I'm not complaining.

It was amusing though how tiny the toilet and shower room was, with having very long legs I could sit on the loo with the door open watching both the sea and Jeremy Kyle.I've never seen such a small toilet and shower room.Functional though and cosy with a very comfy double bed. What let the room down was the single glazed window which was jammed half open letting the gale and noise in.On Saturday night the noise from the traffic and bar/club downstairs was unbearable so I bought a pair of ear plugs from Boots which did the trick.When the club is in full swing the whole building does thump with the bass. I am sure investing in double glazing would solve this but the windows are ancient.I wonder if this is why legends make you pay upfront when you arrive?

The bar is modern and delightful but I wouldn't say the staff were that friendly.However the breakfast team made a real effort to make me smile and were fabulous. A really good heary breakfast each day by the way.I was looking forward to a good dance but one evening found myself on my own in the gorgeous Basement club. No one to dance with here let alone have a snog and a cuddle.

Legends is an ideal hotel to stay and be based for the room, Breakfast, bar and club.However I found the security to be well OTT.Every landing has a camera and people sensors so it's a bit like being on Big Brother. The security men in their uniforms were smart but was it really necessary to have so many?In the days of the New Europe guests could enter by a side door straight to their rooms, this is now locked and you always have to come in or out and pass the bar staff and the guy on reception so if you were lucky enough to 'cop off' I feel that could be embarrassing.

Overall I would recommend staying here again, my seaview was amazing to say the least.As a single gay man would I visit Brighton again?Not Legends fault but probably not as I didnt meet one person or have a chat over a drink which considering there are 35000 gay people is odd.The scene centres around the Bulldog,lovely old pub In st James Street but it was the same old local crowd each night,about 20 guys who weren't that freindly,at least no one spoke to me, and also the Legends bar which I thought was quiet on Saturday and totally dead the rest of the week. Coming from Manchester I have to be honest and say that I found Gay Brighton to be quieter than a graveyard and very differerent from my last visit 12 years ago.Where are all the single guys?Canal Street here I come this weekend,hopefully someone may nuy me a drink?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

On our recent viist to Brighton for Pride, myself and my partner stayed at the Legends hotel on Brighton seafront for 2 nights. The hotel had been recommended to us by a friend.

Was so nice to be able to spend the night on the dance floor downstairs to only then go up a few floors to our room - no taxi's!!

Our room was very modern, clean and the bed was really comfy!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

As a solo traveller on business it is rare to find a hotel that makes you feel so welcome and relaxed. Friendly staff, very clean and superb breakfast which I was lucky to have on the terrace.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Legends Hotel? Share your experiences!