“That Brighton Charm Conveyed with such Ease” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Twenty One

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Twenty One
You added The Twenty One to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   21 Charlotte Street | Kemp Town, Brighton BN2 1AG, England   |
Offers & Announcements
4for3 midweek offer
Ranked #1 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“That Brighton Charm Conveyed with such Ease”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Of course, when I first booked to stay at the Twenty One last winter, I was bowled over by the reviews. The reality matched what others had written
I was met by Andy who greeted this tired traveler with graciousness and a badly needed cup of tea as he Took my bag up to the room (I stayed in the single room on the first floor which Matt calls the "broom closet") while I finished paperwork
Andy gave me a little introduction about Brighton and a guide to some of the wonderful nearby restaurants and also let me know that by mentioning the B and B , there was a discount! One other comment he made that probably sums up the wonderful atmosphere was "If you are popping out, feel free to take along a beer or a bottle of wine". Now , I have stayed in many hotels and b and B's before, but never have had this lovely invitation offered !
Paperwork and tea finished, I went to my room to get settled It is a small single but never did I feel too "crowded". It was immaculate and I was bowled over by the tea tray stocked (and restocked daily) with wonderful chocolates and biscuits and many choices of tea and coffee
The bathroom (although small) not only had the usual shampoo and bath gel but a cute "vanity" kit of cotton wool balls and tweezers and also a shaving kit
What can I say about the breakfast? Well, it was quite overwhelming :). Plenty of choices of quality cereals as well as juices and seemingly bottomless teas and coffees. The first morning Matt couldn't tempt me to the Full Sussex but I did not every other morning of the 4 nights I stayed
It was wonderful also to converse with Matt in the breakfast room about holidays (mine and also where he and Andy had been to in California). It was never "forced" but truly a relaxed atmosphere
I usually stay with my friends, Mark and his partner, Neil when I come to Brighton but Mark's mother was staying that weekend and so before I came this time, Mark investigated b and B's and the Twenty One was at the top of the list !
I would recommend the Twenty One enthusiastically to friends and family and I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Twenty One would put many hotels to shame for quality and attention to detail, as well as the level of customer service. The reviews on Trip Advisor were absolutely spot on and the excellent rating is more than deserved. Our room was spotlessly clean, great bed, quiet, comfortable and full of lovely individual touches including a tea tray unsurpassed by anything I have seen. The I Pad was also a nice touch and useful for researching the area. You could leave this place weighing 2 stone heavier than when you arrived! The breakfast was I think the best I have ever had. I don't eat meat or eggs and to be able to have a multi choice is unique. The location is superb, an easy walk to the centre along the sea front. Matt and Andy welcomed you into their home and were more than happy to give recommendations as to where to eat. It was with a heavy heart and a full stomach that we left after our 2 night stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 whilst at the top of the building so not suitable for those with infirmities was a lovely qui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed in room 8 for four nights and almost everthing we had had read in other reviews iturned out to be true. A warm welcome with tea and a chat about about the city on arival while our bags were whisked upstairs, all the sweet and savoury nibbles you could wish for in the room (plus chocs and a card for my birthday). Lovely room, amazing breakfasts and best of all two amazing hosts in Matt and Andy whose warmth and professionalism is something I have never experienced on such a level before. My friend and I certainly hope to return to Brighton again and wouldn`t dream of booking anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a large room with a good view of the sea however it is up a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We booked the 21 after reading the reviews, and weren't disappointed. The room was small but very comfortable, had everything you could want or need including an amazing selection in the tea tray! Andy and Matt were very friendly and we took their advice on restaurant/ pub recommendations which were both great and also got us a discount. I could see the sea from our breakfast table, and Kemp Town is a great part of Brighton in easy walking distance of the Lanes but no leary nightclubs nearby. All in all a fab trip.

Room Tip: Our room (3) was first floor at the back - very quiet, but no sea view
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Yes, simply peerless. The cleanest rooms. The best breakfast. The finest hosts, even if Matt did greet me with 'I see you're feeding your face then.' He's allowed his little eccentricities. The 21 is sublime.

Newcastle, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome. From the offset we were sat down with a drink and given loads of tips and information on things to see and do whilst in Brighton. The room was immaculately presented and very comfortable. The breakfast choice and quality of food was amazing and plentiful. We were only here for 2 nights but wished we could have stayed longer. This B&B is in an excellent location just off the seafront and everything is within walking distance. They fully deserve their 5 star rating from Trip Advisor and we would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Brighton.

Wallingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I think its all been said! a really, really nice place to stay. Excellent room, excellent food, best service I've ever encountered.We especially appreciated the complimentary bottles of water in the fridge, tucked away in the wardrobe, and the wine glasses - so much nicer than having to use the toothbrush mugs! And the fact that consumables were replenished daily, which is by no means the norm, even in so-called top-quality hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Twenty One? Share your experiences!