“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lanes Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Lanes Hotel
You added The Lanes Hotel to your Saves list
70-72 Marine Parade | Kemp Town, Brighton BN2 1AE, England   |
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We chose the Balcony Room and it was fantastic. Great views right on the sea front and having the outside space really made a difference and I would recommend booking one of the balcony rooms. The hotel is old fashioned but that adds to the character, we even had a free parking space right outside our room! The staff were very friendly and accomodating. There was traffic noise from the main road but they cant help that due to its great location on the sea front. We will certainly return to this great hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Piraeus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I enjoyed my stay in "The Lanes". The people are polite and helpful. The area and the view very good. I enjoyed quiet nights on the internet in the hotel lounge, with music in the background.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Sea front location is the selling point of this hotel.
We had a balcony room over looking the sea front. The Decor was early 60,s as is all of the hotel through out. We stayed early April and the smell of fresh paint was heavy in the air as preparations for the season where underway.
The hotel is about 5 mins walk from the pier so its away from the noise of the reveals on the pier and surrounding area.The reception staff where helpful and cheer and helped us with questions that we had.
The hotel offers the normal English breakfast which was of no note. And the waitress who clear had trouble understanding basic English when my wife asked her for something different from the normal fare.So she had to make do with the options on offer.
This hotel has one point of note that it has off road parking (4 spaces I think) which where occupied by the staff and painter when we arrived early afternoon.So I parked opposite on a pay and display tell the painter went home. At which time I managed to squeeze in my car I than left it there tell we checked out.
Overall the Location is good but all the rest is just average.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is in a perfect position for seeing the sights of Brighton. We were lucky as we managed to park on the hotels small car park. I have stayed in other hotels and B&B's in Brighton and I would definately go back here, as it was good value for money and the staff were lovely. This was a mid week stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Redhill, Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night after getting married at the Registry office the night before. We had a seaview which was lovely. However the hotel would not accommodate an early check-in at all even though we arrived there at around 11am. They did allow us to park our car there which was helpful and free.

The rooms were very old and tired and very quaint. They were very much like a B and B and not really a hotel! You could see the dust under the bed where they hadn't moved the bed when they vacuumed. The fire alarm had tape and plastic all over it, so I am assuming it couldn't work if it needed to! There were wires hanging from the walls and the curtains looked dirty and tatty. The furniture was old and bitty. The bedside tables had glass tops on them which were not secured and so were basically two huge sheets of glass that could move and fall off at any time. I am glad that we did not have our kids with us as this hotel is certainly not suitable for young children, in terms of cleanliness and danger points!

The breakfast was basic, hot, but to be honest would have gone elsewhere if I had know how basic it was!

We stayed in the Thistle the night before and paid £149.00 for the night without breakfast, and we then stayed in the Lanes the next night for £150.00 with breakfast. It was not worth it!!! I would stay at the Thistle again anytime.

The staff seemed friendly enough, but all in all, tired, quaint, in need of a refurb and only still going strong I bet, because of the location and the fact that finding a hotel room in Brighton in the summer can be difficult and so people get desperate!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tredegar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

What a fabulous place to stay, not just the lanes hotel but brigton in general. 17 girls travelled together for my birthday, and had a ball. The staff at the hotel were very accomodating, especially Emily who was always willing to help, from telling us local pubs to visit to getting me a scissors for something trivial. Will definitel return to Brighton and more than dedinitely stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2010
Haverhill Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

A party of 20 hens and were looked after superbly!! Staff were brilliant very helpful and great service, if you needed something they were outside your door just after you called them, infact it was so quick we thought they were magic. They advised us and ordered cabs for us and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were nice with tea and coffee making facilities and we never ran out of hot water, lovely lounge area to have a drink before nights out and after!!!
Not sure of the two girls names who worked on reception on Sat 1st May evening but they were lovely and couldn't have been more helpful.
Great Location only a short taxi ride to centre £4 which I thought was a bargain, also within walking distance of FunkyFish Nightclub which is superb.
All in all would recommend this hotel and would definately revisit if I go back to Brighton.
P.S Breakfast is Lovely

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
lewislooking, Owner at The Lanes Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Lanes Hotel & I am delighted with your feedback & pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us & I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Reception Team. As we are nearing a major refurbishment it is pleasing to receive your positive remarks.
I look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion.

Been to The Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!