“Stay here it is the best in Brighton” 5 of 5 stars

Drakes Hotel Brighton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 Marine Parade, Brighton BN2 1PE, England   |
Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Brighton
aylesbury
“Stay here it is the best in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the fourth time we have stayed at Drakes. We had a dinner bed and breakfast deal and the food was deliciious as ever. We stayed in room 101 and it was well appointed with a great view of the sea and the Pier. As ever the staff were really helpful and friendly. However we have one negative point in that we found that the Bar manager was surly and unhelpful to the point of rude. This was not what we had come to expect of Drakes and would like him to know he is letting the hotel and other team members down. We'll be back and hopefully he will take on board the comments. Dont let this put you off though it is a minor blemish in a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ideally located on the beach front, we had a beautiful view on the famous pier. You can join every point of interest in a few minutes walk. The hotel has been entirely refurbished and we felt at home. Modern and stylish, the bed was very large and comfortable. We will come back no doubt about it! We also appreciated the home made breakfast...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Relatively modern, rooms with wooden floors, no Nespresso machine. My room was on the top floor but I had to stand to see sea because of the high balcony wall.
Bed was good quality. They have no in house fitness, but the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A warm and friendly welcome on arrival - we were made to feel really at home. The staff at this hotel are just lovely , the location perfect, rooms immaculate , bathroom steamy ! We had a lot of fun and nothing was to much trouble - flowers had been delivered for my birthday staff unpacked and put them in my room with a birthday card from the hotel.
Cocktails were delicious as was the food in the restaurant - perfect service and nice atmosphere, with just the right amount of background noise.
Our room 001 on the ground floor has its (almost) own entrance. Perfect for popping out for late night caps in the great little city Brighton is. we found lots to see and do right on our doorstep.
Unfortunately too many mojitos, led to me being unable to enjoy the lush breakfast that the staff made such an effort to serve to us, I spent all day craving the full English I lunched....
Can't wait to return to try out the rooms on the first floor with the bath in the window - sea views.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 2 nights as a treat for my fiancé's 40th birthday. I loved the look of the sea facing rooms, however my budget couldn't stretch to one, as our wedding is this year.
I told the receptionist this when booking the room, and she could not have been more friendly and informative. In the end I booked the attic, city facing room, on her recommendation.
On checking in, the lovely, equally as friendly, staff behind the bar informed me that they had upgraded us to the circular sea facing room, as it was not booked, and they knew we were celebrating a special occasion.
The room we got was room 301, and it was just stunning. Modern, clean, bright and spacious, with the best view of Brighton seafront.
The staff had even signed a birthday card, which was left on the bed, along with The White Company toiletries.
My fiancé was over the moon. I've never been so looked after, and had such a brilliant surprise from a hotel.

The stand alone bath in from of the window is a unique and wonderful addition to an already gorgeous room. We were so lucky with the bright sunny weather the next day, but we spent hours just lazing in the big comfortable bed, with the 180 degree view of the seafront.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Although not the cheapest, the decor and friendly staff, make it worth every penny. Thank you so much Drakes for a great trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My mother in law very generously bought us three nights in Drakes Feature room as a wedding present last year.
We decided when we left that we wanted to spend our first anniversary here as well, so booked it up on the spot.
The feature room is the most expensive room in the hotel, but deserves the name. It is mostly rounded walls with a bed big enough for six people and a massive bath set in the bay window.
The bathroom is a wet room containing a sink, shower and the toilet, and pretty spacious in and of itself. The bath is truely luxurious, and should be enjoyed with bubble bath and some candles for full effect. Be aware though, while you have a great view out onto the sea front and the pier, if you can see them, they can probably see you too!
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout, and we were given complimentary glasses of champagne with our breakfast in bed (a full English even I couldn't finish!), which was a lovely touch.

It's a fair bet we'll be spending our second anniversary here too, we both love the hotel and restaurant and it's worth the money for special occasions like this.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently spent a weekend in Brighton and I love this hotel-it is the perfect location! The rooms facing the ocean have a spectacular ocean view with a bathtub facing the window -you can lie in a large tub and watch the seagulls fly by. The room was small but immaculate and modern. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is ideal, right across from the ocean and pier and an easy walk to the lanes and tons of shops and restaurants. I look forward to returning. Breakfast was just ok but plenty of other options nearby, and a bit of car noise on the street but with my white noise machine I slept very well, and nothing compares to opening the shutters in the morning and gazing out at that amazing view of the sea. I shall return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Drakes Hotel Brighton? Share your experiences!