“Clever chandelier caught my attention and made me smile !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #472 of 821 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: All Bar One Brighton is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of Royal Pavilion, Brighton Pier and the Lanes, All Bar One Brighton is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Brighton, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Ireland
“Clever chandelier caught my attention and made me smile !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

On a 'pet day' of sunshine in March, Brighton seemed a great idea. A pleasant drive south from Epsom and a visit to Midway Farm to started the day well. It seemed the right thing to do to walk along the promenade and out to the end of the pier. People were even on the beach, sitting on the stones even.

The Pavilion was one of the 'must visit' items on the list so having mused on the sheer privileged self indulgence it represented we exited through the ornamental gates and found ourselves adjacent with the All Bar One sign. At first I did not recognise it as a gastro pub but now of course I know that it is one of a chain of like pubs all over the UK and even abroad. It was time to sit down and see what took our fancy.

The interior is nice. High ceilings combined with a nice sense of awareness of location in the interior design. A beer and some functional food were required. I had a mind for one of the many new continental beers that are now on draught. So I had a Paulaner from Germany followed by an Italian Peroni while others in my group tried Aspinals and other more regular beverages.

Our food was well received and my Caesar salad was a contender as it is one of my favorite snack foods and I have a long list of locations that I sometimes rank as to where I have had the best.

While studying the detail of the place my eyes fell on the chandeliers. Something was odd and it was not until I put on my glasses that I realised that the chandelier is made totally from suspended wine glasses. I took some photographs I was so intrigued. Someone somewhere has being thinking and I was tickled by it.

So in short the place is nice to visit, functional food was good, beers were excellent and I failed to see any of the shortcomings that some reviewers wrote about.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leatherhead, Surrey
“You pay for the atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went with friends for early evening drinks. V slow service at the bar due to only two bar staff and everyone wanting cocktails.
You are paying for he atmosphere - which you create. Suggest you go elsewhere.

nottingham
“just terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited al bar one whilst visiting our sun in Brighton we got an outside table at 2.20 one Sunday we waited over 20 minutes for the dirty plates to be cleared from previous dinners and this only happened when we complained in the bar as we could not attract the waiters attention, then we waited a further 15 minutes for someone to take our order.
Again we had to visit the bar to place our orders as the waiters did not want to serve our table Then the food arrived it was cold and not good quality We did try to order a 2nd bottle of wine on 2 occasions but it never came their loss we went to another bar where service was spot on,

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Mid marathon viewing breakfast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Whilst in Brighton supporting a friend running the marathon we found this place for breakfast. The menu and images really sold it and sadly were left a little disappointed. The full breakfast sadly had burnt sausages and the eggs florentine came with over cooked eggs.
I'm always aware that reviews have an effect and can only comment based on a visit made on an extremely busy day in Brighton. I would try this again on a quieter day. The staff were very friendly and courteous.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food here is good whatever you choose having been here on a previous visit to Brighton as well as on this occasion. The staff are pleasant and friendly. The decor is unusual....whole walls of interlinking forks, chandeliers of wine glasses so a little bit different. We went to this bar three times this week, once to eat and twice for a drink. They make very nice cocktails but no real ales which is disappointing. Plenty of outside seating close to The Royal Pavilion.

Visited April 2013