“Our favourite place for food and coffe in Brighton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #348 of 873 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A name which falls easily from the lips of just about any in the know Brighton resident, Koba Bar and Bistro is the perfect place for relaxed restaurant dining, lazy breakfasts and, quite simply, enjoying the chilled out Brighton lifestyle. Born from a previously smaller bar, the award winning Koba Bar and Bistro is now a thriving hive of dining and drinking activity, offering three coolly sophisticated bars, a spacious bistro and private dining rooms too, not to mention chichi pavement dining. Koba���s modern but unpretentious look is beautifully understated, put together using tactile, warm materials and focusing as much on comfort as on style. Fully intending to make diners feel good, Koba���s menus are very much influenced by the Mediterranean, offering a range of brunch, lunch and dinner options as well as ever changing blackboard specials. Equally as important is Koba���a drinks list. Known for its cocktails this great bar also provides the best of old and new world wines and a variety of beers.
“Our favourite place for food and coffe in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Having lived in hotels in Brighton for nearly 3 years I have eaten in most places in Brighton. Kobo had been and still is my favortite place to eat, work (free wifi) and have coffe now I am a full time Brighton resident.
The staff are great, remember you and always have a smile, the food is a great mix of modern cuisine mixed with classics, all of which are top rate and delicious (an yes we have eaten most if not all of the menu).
In addition make sure you don't miss the cocktails, a good happy hour means you can try a few for a great price (passionate mule for me please)
Give it a go and if you are walking by make sure u grab a takeaway coffee, much better than the chain across the road.
Matt

“Love the vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

So I'm not from Brighton, but I visit a lot and find trip advisor a great way to no where and where not to go. With all the mixed reviews about Koba I was intrigued to see for myself. I went for a late dinner and I was surprised. The place is very edgy. I loved the lights dangling from the ceiling. The food was so tasty (I had the squid steak) yum. I was then told by my waitress I could head to the cocktail bar for cocktails if I liked (wow) was I impressed. What a great dynamic venue this was. I was taken up and seated with a menu and a smile. I told the gentlemen what kind of cocktails I liked and the gentlemen from behind the bar said he would design me a cocktail as I wasnt sure what to order. It tasted like a creaming soda explosion in my mouth. PERFECTION.

Paris, France
“Brighton's best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When living in Brighton, probably ~7 years ago used to come to Koba, as it was one of the first and the best cocktail bars in town. Were visiting Brighton, second weekend in January and decided to check it out again. WE WERE ABSOLUTELY AMAZED, so much has changed! Had to ask members of staff for directions! The whole place was really lively, everyone seemed to be having a great time, food looked amazing too. We headed straight to the cocktail bar, it was not too hectic at the time but within 20min it got really busy! The atmosphere was great, dark, chick, candle lit bar, the music was great, cocktails flowing!

But I guess what made us feel like home was the exceptional staff. Our waiter was really polite considerate and had this customer skills nailed to the T, all the cocktails were very high standard. It was really busy but we didn't have to wait for our drinks at all! Couple behind the bar seemed like they really knew what they were doing and more importantly they looked like they were loving it, all the cocktails looked stunning. We wanted some cocktails that we used to have before ( like berry spiced, chocolate nut, or that good spin you had on truly British) our waiter got a barman to come and talk to us about these cocktails, because the menus have changed quite few times since the last time we visited, she seemed to have a very wide knowledge of all the drinks and we got all our old favorites. On top of that we each got recommended some drinks from a new menu to try.

It was a great experience, more than we have expected, KOBA STILL GOT IT, and it will always be a best place to be in Brighton.
Will definitely come back, hopefully this time wont have to wait another 5 years.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went with a couple of friends after hearing great things about their food - and wasn't disappointed at all! The food (we ordered two pork belly roasts and two roast lambs) was fantastic, massive portions, the meat so soft it literally fell off the bone with the weight of a fork (no exaggeration) and the service was lovely. Out waitress Holly was polite, helpful and really helped make our experience even better. We also had some espresso martinis and some bloody Marys, which were also excellent. I will most certainly be going again, it's fabulous!

London, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am house-hunting in Brighton and go the cafe for breakfasts and tea and cake in the afternoon when I am exhausted. Everytime I visit I receive a warm and attentive welcome. Last Monday 14 January 2013 was especially cold and wet and I was revived by the most delicious home-made coffee and walnut cake. The atmosphere is always friendly and people seem to go there to catch up on news, social and business. One of my favourite places in Brighton.