“Great bar” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have always loved this bar and hired it out for my birthday this weekend. Music and drinks were excellent and the staff were lovely as well from the moment I made the booking.

Great to hire as well as it is an amazing atmosphere, particularly love the 'man wall' and even the toilets are decorated in newspaper clippings and pictures.

Definitely going to go here more often from now!

80% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Quirky fun cocktail bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went in for drinks last weekend, it was very busy with a dj inside playing dancehall/reggae type music all night. Despite being really busy the staff were brill, quick service and perfect cocktails everytime (especially loved the mojitos)! We had a fantastic time and stayed till close. I'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had my birthday party in the function room at Brighton Rocks and it was perfectly organized. The service was excellent, the cocktails was very tasty and well presented.
I would recommend this bar for private events, I had many compliments from my friends!

• Visited March 2013
Brighton
“Great Bar and Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went to Brighton Rocks for sunday roast and it was so tasty! the staff is very nice and the atmosphere was great! I will come back to Brighton Rocks for sure!

• Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Don't book for an event”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't book it for an event. They double booked our 30th birthday party. Stuck us in a room that was too small and where public were allowed and told us to get over it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alan B, Public Relations Manager at Brighton Rocks, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Mike,
I apologise that your night didn't go as you expected, if we intimated that the larger room was yours for the evening then we sincerely apologise for this confusion.
It's our booking policy that groups of your size (booked in at 25-30 people) are allocated the room to the left of the bar and that groups of the other parties size (booked in at 45-50) are offered the larger space. If you were led to believe the opposite to be the case then the fault lies with us.

We pride ourselves on doing everything we can for our customers, we are a small, locally owned business who have a great reputation for being friendly and professional.
The comments you have made about staff attitude are being taken seriously and are being investigated.

As with any bar we are open to all customers as well as those from pre-arranged events so people venturing into your space is an inevitable though understandably frustrating part of hiring a busy bar.

Again we apologise for the breakdown in communication and I do hope you now understand that complaints of this nature are not water off a ducks back and are being taken very seriously.