“Average place” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Average place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went there with my partner for lunch and everything seemed absolutely fine until the food arrived. I ordered avocado and crab and they gave me avocado and prawns so when I asked for crab they said that's what you have (I believe everyone knows the difference between crab and prawns, no?). We were "discussing" this for about 3 minutes until I had to ask another waitress who did confirm that I had prawns instead of crab. After a long wait they brought back the SAME dish as in, the same plate they first served me because I remember I removed the onions and put them on the side. At this moment I really thought: Am I going crazy? Until the waitress who first realised that it was praws gave me the correct dish! All of this took around 30 min and my partner had to eat cold mussels. The main course was ok, had the lobster which was average but the problem is that you have to order sides, otherwise you'll only eat lobster. Very overpriced and not all that. Not recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“Beyond Average ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went there last minute on a Saturday night with my boyfriend - I had the 2 course set menu which was good value (about £13 for bruschetta & steak with was well cooked). My boyfriend however had the seafood risotto - AVOID at all costs! Looked, smelt & tasted like uncle Ben's rice - rice was hard & not cooked & so liquid to hold it together. When we said we weren't going to pay for it the waitress grabbed the bowl off the table & marched off before banging around in the kitchen. Worst risotto ever seen!! Would not go back.

London, United Kingdom
“Rip off!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I ordered breaded scampi, they brought a dish with around 7 small pieces. There was no peas, chips or anything else. The way they spread it out on the plate looked comical. This cost £15!!!! Chips were extra, small and soggy. The reply to my complaint was that they will "review the menu". My protest lead to a laughable £3 deduction from a £50 bill for two without alcohol. The food in all wasnt great, the quality was mediocre at best but the price in relation was absurd. A complete rip off.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Small but a real find for good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We dropped in here for lunch on saturday as we were tempted in by the quirky tiny size of the place and its tempting lunch boards.
the staff are nice,
We both had crab chowder to start and then I had home made fish pie and my wife had the seafood resotto.
the portiions were huge and the food was lovely.
Will visit again

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Really delightful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Fresh beautiful fish and fab service! Would recommend - yum :).

A member of my party did feel the older lady serving was intimidating and stared as he ate - I didn't notice though!

• Visited November 2013