“Exquisite all throughout. A fantabulous time was had by all” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 876 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European, English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Exquisite all throughout. A fantabulous time was had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I don't frequent restaurants in kemp town much, but after tonight I might change my habits! Went out for a casual dinner and received what was definitely exceeding my expectations. We did spend about 3hrs there and time did fly. Service was always prompt and though the gaps between meals might be a bit much for some to handle, it was definitely worth waiting for while chatting over a beautiful bottle of red. The starter I had was a melt-in-your-mouth chicken parfait and the lamb I had for main couldn't have been cooked better. Finished off with a rich chocolate delice that kept me wanting for more! The food is definitely imaginative and creative, complete with a couple ingredients I had to ask about as they were presented in such a way that changed their usual state. The waitress was just right- not too little, not too much. Definitely worth a visit- again and again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food was literally the best I've ever eaten. The set menu at lunch makes it incredible value, but there's no doubt about it, it is worth every penny at full price! The wine was lovely, decor nice and staff so friendly - we've been planning a trip back since the moment we stepped out the door. The vegetarian scotched quails eggs will blow you away!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“One of Brighton's best restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very local to me but its a place I have unfortunately overlooked. We visited for a Sunday lunch, and I must say I was knocked over by the meal. For Brighton, I'd say its one of the very best 'fine' dining restaurants although the experience is very relaxed and more akin to a neighbourhood restaurant. Two courses for two people plus a bottle of pretty decent house wine for £63: you won't find a better priced quality meal in this city.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Visted at the end of feb with my OH for dinner on a wednesday night. Restaurant was practically empty so atmosphere was lacking slightly but the excellent service and food made up for it.

Have visted here before on my birthday so expectations where high. Amuse bouche of scotch egg & bread were delicious. Starters were fantastic totally faultless & presented beautifully (salmon and cheese & onion) The mojito sorbet middle course is not to be missed!!! It really cleanses & refreshes the palate & tastes wonderful. I even considered ordering it again for dessert! Mains were a little disapponting but again looked amazing. I had chicken my OH fish, a tiny piece of my chicken was pink & one of my hubbys potatoes undercooked & unedible. They were just a bit of a deflate after the 1st two courses.

They had a midweek dinner deal which was amazing value under £20 each for 2 courses each not including drinks or service. Our waitress Laura was so welcoming & accomodating and a real asset to the restaurant she was lovely and has mastered service with a smile.

Overall a good night and we will be back for a 3rd vist which I think says alot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful fine dinning in the heart of Kemptown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wonderful locally sourced food , lovely fine dinning with wonderful staff. A must do when in Brighton.

Visited February 2013