“Not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and myself live in the Seven Dials and only occasionally venture down to Trafalgar Street for eating out., located outside Brighton Station within a few seconds walk. We've eaten at Breeze once before in a rush, but on this occasion and that it was absolutely faultless, food was exquisite, ambience lovely and the service superb. Living so locally I'm a little disappointed we don't go down there more often. Tonight we stolled up Trafalgar Street looking at the other menus in Mange Tout et al, and this was the most appealing and by far it surpassed all, At the end of our meal which was divine (I had the steak and my wife had the Pork Belly for mains and squid and a lovely duck contraption for starters) we met the owner Bruc who was a lovely chap and very hospitable. Further to that we found out he used to own a restaurant in Hove, La Piazza, which exceeded any of the other restaurants in that area. If you're looking for an excellent meal at excellent prices may I suggest you try Breeze. We've now decided we're going there as an alternative to the Dials area (including Seven Dials), it's just as good if not better, not too formal, just lovely relaxed atmosphere. Whilst there we also noticed they do Sunday Roasts at very reasonable prices, an extremely attractive alternative to having a roast in one of the local pubs although they are very nice. Very well recommended Jamie and Amy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very tasty and well worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I purchased a Groupon voucher for £21 for a 3 course meal for 2. The menu offered has a choice of 3/4 starters, mains and dessert. I had the carrot and parsnip soup which was a bit spicy but very tasty. For our mains we both opted for the burger which did not disappoint...the chips were the best I have had in ages and the burger was succulent ...both of us cleared our plates! For dessert I had the lemon cheesecake which was very rich and creamy. My friend opted for the ice cream ...for me that would have been disappointing as they only had vanilla, chocolate or strawberry....no exotic flavours as I would have expected. Throughout our meal the waiter was attentive and helpful but we did not feel rushed. The interior of the restaurant was very pleasant and relaxing....the exterior does not do it justice and had I not read the reviews I probably wouldn't have gone there!
I would go back again although it is not too central to town...it took us about 10 minutes to walk from Churchill Square but is only approximately 5 minutes from Brighton railway station.
All in all a very pleasant evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, England
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Used a Groupon voucher for evening meal last night. Had 3 course meal from a small set menu. My friend had duck liver pate and I had the fishcakes. Both were so nice we decided to share. Mains was the slow roasted belly of pork with creamy mash and roasted carrots and jus for both of us, (I ordered more jus, there is never enough for me). This was exquisitely cooked and of gorgeous quality, especially the pork which was crunchy crackling on top and meltingly tender underneath. For dessert, we had the lemon cheesecake and cranberry creme brulee, again both really tasty. If I had to criticize then the brulee was a little on the liquid side. The Sicilian red wine was full bodied and the rose dry and light. The restaurant itself had a nice relaxed ambience and our waiter was attentive, funny, friendly and efficient. Will definitely return and thoroughly recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, nice food and good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Breeze did a great job hosting a work-do lunch for us. They let us take over the whole restaurant and the staff were really helpful and friendly with the organising and on the day. The food was lovely, especially considering the large number of people they were catering for, and the set menu was great value for money. Overall Breeze was the perfect choice for the occasion and the staff were very accommodating to us, even after the alcohol had been flowing for a few hours!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Lovely restuarant, very good service, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The outside does not do this place justice. The service was very good the food and choices on the menu was excellant. The owner came and had a chat with us when we had finished our meal. Nice to have a little personal service for a change.