“Great ... but they don't do early in Brighton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 872 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Norfolk
“Great ... but they don't do early in Brighton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We'd woken up really early and by 7.30 were ready for a big veggie fry up. We slogged round & round but couldn't find anywhere in town open before 9 (except Red Roaster on St James), so we had to wait until half past nine to eat ~ we would've eaten the table by then. Brighton doesn't get up early, be warned. Service isn't fast, but then we weren't in a rush and happy just to sit and soak up the atmosphere and marvel at the varied menu.

Anyway, the Iydea staff are lovely, very attentive, they presented the food beautifully. My friend wanted ginger in his smoothie, but it wasn't delivered, so someone ran out to Infinity Foods to get him some. How good is that? Plus because he'd waited so long he got a free brownie.

We were very unsure about some of the menu choices (rocket & avocado, for breakfast?) but the food was delicious, just what we needed. Even the meat-eater with us enjoyed the food: we couldn't believe how much CHOICE there was for veggies. Not only a choice of restaurants, but a choice of dishes in almost every restaurant we went to. Up in Yarmouth you get an omelette or a jacket potato, if you're lucky.

The place is lovely to sit in too, with glowing yellow walls, an array of pictures and a tiny garden by the window ~ so much effort has gone into it, but then they do effort in Brighton don't they?

we loved it. The only reason I didn't give it 100% was we didn't get to eat until 10am ~ that's a bit late for breakfast, for us

Woking, United Kingdom
“Tasty, good quality and value food served by friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Followed Trip Advisor comments and tried this restaurant. Never visited a vegetarian eating place but this was a great find. Main meal, Feta and tomato quiche was delicious whilst my friend had vegetable lasagne . Meal came with choice of three salads or vegetables along with a glass of wine each for just over £20 for two.
Will be back to try more dishes. Pity they are not open in the evening or have branches in Surrey!

London
“Absolutely delicious - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Went to Brighton yesterday with my aunt and uncle who are over from the US. My aunt is a strict vegetarian so it's always a challenge finding a restaurant that all of us will enjoy. After reading the great reviews about Iydea, I thought I would take a chance and take them there. We were not disappointed. The food was to die for, the customer service was excellent. Wish they would franchise it out and roll it out to parts of London - it would go down a storm here!!!

London
“Best lunch in Brighton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My brother has lunch here yesterday and it was so good we are going back on Sunday, we live in London. Neither of us are veggies but we really fancied something healthy and tasty, this double ticked both boxes. Service is quick as everything is alll laid and it is so reasonable at about £6 for a full plate of food. I had the beetroot and walnut burger with green beans and almonds and the chich pea and stilton salad, topped with hummus and seeds, lush!! My brother, who is rather fussy, had the veggie enchilada, carrots, potatoes, salsa and sour cream, ate evey last bit. I had a fresh veg juice and he had homemade lemonade, all in all a perfect lunch.

suffolk
“Memorable food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I discovered this cafe by accident in January,when i popped in for a hot soup.I was blown away with the taste & can still remember it! (tomato, basil & pesto,yum!).I returned last week & this time, my ever carnivore husband was slightly reluctant to try the food,but had a lunch with me,& he loved the food so much, that he dragged me back there the next day for another lunch! It's the excellent combination of flavours, the cleanliness,helpful & knowledgeable staff & good menu that makes this place perfect.Highly recommended.:) I really wish that it was open in the evenings,it rivals a lot of restaurants.

Visited July 2011