“I Normally Stay In Hotels But I Made An Exception For This B&B - No Regrets, It Is Lovely!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adelaide House

You added Adelaide House to your Saves list
Adelaide House
51 Regency Square, Brighton BN1 2FF, England   |
Ranked #66 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This B&B is located in Regency Square which is a couple of minutes walk from the beach. It is situated in a great location as it is very central to the shops, nightlife and beach. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk from Brighton station with luggage. I do not normally stay in B&Bs however when I was looking for a hotel for one night on a weekend for one person, it was a minimum of £80! I am not sure if there was something going on that weekend as I have paid less before. I looked at other options like B&Bs and found Adelaide House. It had great reviews and was £55 for a night. I received a text on the day to confirm my arrival time. When I arrived the door was shut but someone came as soon as I rang the bell. I "checked in" and was given keys to the front door and my room. I booked through Adelaide House website which was slightly cheaper than other websites and chose room 25 on the third floor. I was taken up to my room. There is not a lift but it wasn't far. The woman who showed me to my room kindly offered to carry my luggage. The room was a bit on the small size but fine for me. It had a warm feel to it and was very cozy. There was a luggage rack for a suitcase and a desk. I thought the kitkat bar and offer of fresh milk for tea (during certain hours) was a nice touch. The bed was super comfy with lots of pillows/cushions and the shower in the bathroom was powerful. I did not get up in time for breakfast the next morning although I hear it is good! I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I recently stayed here with my sister, we were greeted with very friendly staff and a lovely warm atmosphere. the room was very clean, modern and the nice personal touches like the kitkat bars were very lovely. the best part about the hotel is the location...right in the heart of a beautiful city! if you are visiting brighton there is no way you could find a better spot. located in a beautiful, historic square and just a short walk from the train station, shopping mall seafront, etc! you are literally no more than 5 minutes away from all the best things brighton has to offer. breakfast was very delicious and we were served imediatley when we went down the next morning by a very polite waitress, we were offered a very wide range of breakfast choices and beverages, my sister and i both had a full breakfast that was very much enjoyed. i was born in brighton but sadly i no longer live in the uk, however everytime i return i wouldnt stay anywhere else! we had a wonderful time and enjoyed returning to the hotel every night it was a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Northumberland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

It was fine.... Perhaps a little expensive as it was very basic. I was on the third floor, there were 67 stairs from the breakfast room to my room - I was exhausted! But to be fair, there is ample warning when booking online, to advise of the stairs.
The room was okay, although, I agree with a previous review in that the plastic under the sheets was not good. The shower was hopeless, with hardly any water coming out of it - I wondered if it was because I was so high up! And it was freezing cold during the night.
I've stayed in worse, and I've stayed in better. I don't think the owners do all that they could to make it an experience worth repeating. I, too, noticed the filthy reception room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

i was recently treated to a night in the adelaide house as part of a valentines treat. we stayed in a large double room with on suit bath. we were very please with all the extra touches that made us feel at home, kitkats with our tea flat screen tv pretty feature pictures and fluffy dressing gowns there was also cake in the lounge on arrival yummy. we had a comfy nights sleep and in the morning went down to breakfast we had the option of all cooked breackfast items for a create your own cooked breackfast or a large choice of cerials jams and fruit i choose toast poached eggs and beans and my patner had a full english. this hotel is idealy suited for visitors to brighton wiith the beach shopping bars and restaurants only a pebbles throw away ive already recomended this hotel to my out of town friends thankyou adelaide house

Room Tip: staff were happy to help on booking
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SIDCUP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good location,clean,served breakfast at 7am for us as we were running.The plastic under sheet was not great to sleep on and the room was a little dated but clean and had everything you would need.Parking around the corner was good and cheap at £10 for 24hours.The staff were very friendly and i would stay here again with the other runners next year for the half and full marathon. Dave Sidcup

Room Tip: You can see pictures of all rooms on there web site
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Carcavelos, Lisboa, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed at Adelaide House with 3 more friends on the nights of the 16th and 17th of December. The quadruple room (Room 21) was quite nice, with enough space for us, and it was all clean. Everything seemed to be working just fine. The matress felt a bit like a water bed, I didn't really like it that much, but it wasn't very uncomfortable either.

The english breakfast had a decent variety of options. I didn't think the sausages were the best quality though, but they weren't bad. Eggs and Bacon were pretty good.

The employees and owner were all friendly and helpful in general, allowing us to leave the bags there on Sunday while we finished some things in town.

The only thing I didn't really like is I tried to make an important phone call on friday (cell phone wasn't working), and he wasn't really very helpful in that, claiming that they don't provide outside phone service. I personally would've lent my cell phone to someone in the position I was in, quite in need to make a phone call.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Received a warm and friendly welcome on arrival. Room was clean, cosy and warm, included a number of extras items which we did not expect, (towels were really thick and soft). Breakfast was brilliant, a good variety and nothing was any trouble to staff. A good location, away from the main street activities (noise) but close enought to walk into town, sea front etc. Some nice restuarants near by if walking is not preferred. Great to have parking available just across the road. Will definately return to Adelaide House on our next visit to Brighton.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Adelaide House? Share your experiences!