“Wonderful food, company and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 835 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
London
“Wonderful food, company and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visited over Easter in April, cold, covered in snow. Ben and his Mum were so kind, the food was incredible, one of the best Thai restaurants we have ever been in. More so because the staff are so friendly. They checked how much chili we wanted in each course, awesome, do not hesitate, visit!!!!

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the quality of food which is served at Tookta's Cafe.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for its "red curry" which has an exceptional taste.

Unpretentious and authentic "home made" Thai cuisine at its best in Brighton.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awesome grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a really nice meal at Tookta's last night. Even though the place was full when we arrived, they said we could have a table in 30 minutes. After a quick drink in The Windmill a couple of hundred yards away we headed back and were seated immediately. The food was great, easily the best Red Curry I've tasted in a long time. Great service & Tookta came out after our meal to make sure everything was alright.

Can't wait to go back and try something else there, and the 2 people I went with agree wholeheartedly.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great place - Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst staying in Brighton for the Easter weekend decided to visit after reading other reviews and were definitely not disappointed. Great welcome and service and food was excellent. Staff very friendly and food was cooked to order based on how spicy we wished. We had Penang curry and Green Curry and both were delicious. It was very busy but luckily we managed to get a table :-)

• Visited March 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very sweet and romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here for a quiet dinner with my boyfriend and was really impressed. There are a lot of Thai places in Brighton and I've been to most of them, but this is by far the best. We had the shared platter to start, and by the time we finished I hardly had any room for my main! Very fresh food, very well presented. Then I had the green curry, which was just how I always want my green curries to be like! It is a quite small place and looks very quirky from the outside, but is very cosy inside and perfect for romantic meals. They had only just opened for the evening when we arrived, but it soon filled up and very busy by the time we left, so I would recommend getting there early! A real joy of a restaurant!

• Visited December 2012