“Wonderful food, company and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 839 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are now open on Tuesday-Saturday from 6PM-10Pm. Fully licensed restaurant. We are now take booking from 2 people, a table from 6 person 10% service charge will be added. Thank you.
London
“Wonderful food, company and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visited over Easter in April, cold, covered in snow. Ben and his Mum were so kind, the food was incredible, one of the best Thai restaurants we have ever been in. More so because the staff are so friendly. They checked how much chili we wanted in each course, awesome, do not hesitate, visit!!!!

• Visited April 2013

92% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the quality of food which is served at Tookta's Cafe.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for its "red curry" which has an exceptional taste.

Unpretentious and authentic "home made" Thai cuisine at its best in Brighton.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awesome grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a really nice meal at Tookta's last night. Even though the place was full when we arrived, they said we could have a table in 30 minutes. After a quick drink in The Windmill a couple of hundred yards away we headed back and were seated immediately. The food was great, easily the best Red Curry I've tasted in a long time. Great service & Tookta came out after our meal to make sure everything was alright.

Can't wait to go back and try something else there, and the 2 people I went with agree wholeheartedly.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great place - Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst staying in Brighton for the Easter weekend decided to visit after reading other reviews and were definitely not disappointed. Great welcome and service and food was excellent. Staff very friendly and food was cooked to order based on how spicy we wished. We had Penang curry and Green Curry and both were delicious. It was very busy but luckily we managed to get a table :-)

• Visited March 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very sweet and romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here for a quiet dinner with my boyfriend and was really impressed. There are a lot of Thai places in Brighton and I've been to most of them, but this is by far the best. We had the shared platter to start, and by the time we finished I hardly had any room for my main! Very fresh food, very well presented. Then I had the green curry, which was just how I always want my green curries to be like! It is a quite small place and looks very quirky from the outside, but is very cosy inside and perfect for romantic meals. They had only just opened for the evening when we arrived, but it soon filled up and very busy by the time we left, so I would recommend getting there early! A real joy of a restaurant!

• Visited December 2012