“Delicious Thai Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 856 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are now open on Tuesday-Saturday from 6PM-10Pm. Fully licensed restaurant. We are now take booking from 2 people, a table from 6 person 10% service charge will be added. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the quality of food which is served at Tookta's Cafe.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for its "red curry" which has an exceptional taste.

Unpretentious and authentic "home made" Thai cuisine at its best in Brighton.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awesome grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a really nice meal at Tookta's last night. Even though the place was full when we arrived, they said we could have a table in 30 minutes. After a quick drink in The Windmill a couple of hundred yards away we headed back and were seated immediately. The food was great, easily the best Red Curry I've tasted in a long time. Great service & Tookta came out after our meal to make sure everything was alright.

Can't wait to go back and try something else there, and the 2 people I went with agree wholeheartedly.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great place - Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst staying in Brighton for the Easter weekend decided to visit after reading other reviews and were definitely not disappointed. Great welcome and service and food was excellent. Staff very friendly and food was cooked to order based on how spicy we wished. We had Penang curry and Green Curry and both were delicious. It was very busy but luckily we managed to get a table :-)

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very sweet and romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here for a quiet dinner with my boyfriend and was really impressed. There are a lot of Thai places in Brighton and I've been to most of them, but this is by far the best. We had the shared platter to start, and by the time we finished I hardly had any room for my main! Very fresh food, very well presented. Then I had the green curry, which was just how I always want my green curries to be like! It is a quite small place and looks very quirky from the outside, but is very cosy inside and perfect for romantic meals. They had only just opened for the evening when we arrived, but it soon filled up and very busy by the time we left, so I would recommend getting there early! A real joy of a restaurant!

• Visited December 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Tucked away on what looks like a residential side street is one of the friendliest restaurants I've ever been to. The staff were great and the food was faultless. Great great flavours, very decent portions and pretty tiny prices. Tooktas's is probably only a four star restaurant as the setting, although very charming is a little basic but it's definately a five star cafe and as that's what it advertises itself as, five stars it is. Highly reccomended for a relaxing, chilled out evening with friends. We'll be back!