“Service as it should be!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 908 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
skewif
“Service as it should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Tookta's is wonderful. Very few times in my life have I come away from a meal out and felt such a warmth for the people that hosted me. I lost count of the number of times our host made us and the other diners laugh. Tookta's is owned and run by a very special lady who deserves to be number one in Brighton. Keep up the great work.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable food for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Deciding to visit this restaurant after seeing it was recommended on here. We went on a Tuesday evening & it was quiet - I really enjoyed this as we are used to restaurants being to busy & annoying. We were welcomed with a lovely smile & was sat at a table. Drinks were ordered. The menu is small - but again I preferred this as sometimes places can be overwhelming when there are a million things on the list. I ordered spring rolls & prawn tempura these came as fresh as they can, simply melted in the mouth. For mains I ordered Beef in Oyster sauce & my girlfriend a Penang chicken curry. As we chatted away the hosts were nothing but awesome. We had a really enjoyable chat with the owner & she even gave us a free shot as it had been my birthday the previous day. The food arrived & my gosh there was plenty of it. Steaming hot and accompanied with rice. The food was simple gorgeous. By the end I was stuffed but in a good way. After dinner we sat and spoke to the owner some more and felt incredibly welcomed and relaxed to be able to sit and let the food digest. As i've been rushed out of places before. The bill - it was under £40 for 2 people with two starters, two mains & a bottle of wine! WOW for the quality of the food, the service & for an all round welcome. This was incredibly cheap and I would have paid more. Defiantly visit this place if your in Brighton - book ahead though as you don't want to be disappointed! I shall be visiting again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brighton's Best Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Tookta's Cafe is run by it's owner Tookta. She is crazy - in a good way! She serves every customer personally and if you visit again, she will remember your name.

Her thai food is the best in Brighton - delicious, mouth watering and if you like spicy, she will make you the hottest food imaginable.

I am vegetarian and her tofu is the best I have EVER tried - ask for extra!

The drinks menu is very good with generous sizes.

Tookta loves to host groups - birthday's, hens. She is always on funny and friendly form.

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Find Tookta's Cafe on Facebook - be-warned - Tookta loves a poke!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Brilliantly simple and simply brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Tookta is the most welcoming and friendliest of hosts and her food is everthing you want and more. A superb evening!

brighton
“Fresh, tasty, authentic....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

...all you want from a local small Thai cafe/restaurant. Achieves a variety of tastes and a spicy freshness that many "Thai" food experiences don't deliver. Its a small place, not flashy at all, but the food is excellent , and the service is friendly.

Visited June 2011