We stayed in Brighton at the grande as a treat for us both. We only live in littlehampton so we caught the train to Brighton as parking in and around Brighton is expensive. On arrival we walked into the magnificent foyer where we welcomed by the friendly reception staff. The hotel oozes splendour and tradition with high ceilings plush furnishings and huge stairways.
Booking in took around five minutes and were told our room was on the sixth floor with a sea view. Inside our room was splendid with lovely furnishings and colours that matched the room perfectly. I think the bed was a queen sized one as we have a king at home at it was bigger than ours and very comfy. The room itself was big with a separate dressing area with mirror and wardrobe. Bathroom was clean and a good size with bath and shower as one. Very nice.
We spent most of the afternoon in and around Brighton and ended up on the sea front having a few drinkies and went back to the hotel around 18.00 pm.
Our table for the evening real was booked for eight o'clock and we headed on down to the lovely restaurant where we were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our table. The menu is very good with a mix of sea food and meat dishes of steak etc. we went for the surf and turf which was chunky chips served in a mini chip fryer basket which looked really good, mushrooms, tomato, king prawns and fillet steak. With a peppercorn sauce.
The meal was lovely, steak was amazing !!!!! Cooked to perfection!!!! Service was good with the staff talking and asking how the meal was. Atmosphere was really good in the restaurant as it was not full so your eardrums were not damaged with too much noise. The restaurant isn't cheap to eat in.... But what do you expect? It's top end stuff. Bottles of wine can be around £32.00 each which is not cheap... So I had a couple of French glasses of wine at £7.00 each( still not cheap) but nice all the same.
This is nice hotel where the staff try their best to be helpful and friendly..... But it ain't cheap!! So be prepared!!
We enjoyed our stay there for one night.... Would we go back?..... Yes we would as it was a real taste of the good life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel