“Fab food at a low price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #612 of 833 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Pan-Asian
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fab food at a low price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular visiter to me noodles as love the food here, the service is genuinely pretty quick and the food is brill, especially the Raman soup which even when you order a small size is pretty huge. Portion sizes are perfect and come with rice, which is great in view of the prices begin an average of £5. The starters and drinks here are also cheap but still great tasting as are the Gyoza which are about £3 and in lots of flavours. The atmosphere reminds me of traditional Asian cafés which adds to this places charm. Basically just give it a try it's a pretty awesome find.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Moody waitress set the tone”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

At here with my wife before a comedy night at the quadrant. The waitress was obviously having a bad day, and less obviously this was clearly our fault.
I ordered the ramen which was really just noodles in a bland chicken soup. My wife got the yakisoba which was to be fair, much nicer. After a mouthful of ramen soup I called the waitress over expressed my disappointment and requested a swap for some yakisoba. This resulted in a tut and a look of death.
When finished I was told I still had to pay for the crappy ramen which I refused. I asked to speak to the manager but he/she wasn't available on a Saturday night.
I was then informed by our waitress that if I didn't pay she would have to pay out of her wages. I only ordered ramen and now I was getting a portion of guilt.
Brilliant. I paid half and refused a tip. I wouldn't go back here if it was free.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great lunch, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not a lot to look at, but tasty, quick and inexpensive. If you love Japanese/Korean food you love this place. Better than Wagamama!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great for cheap filling lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A regular lunch haunt, this place has a great and extensive menu, It also has some interesting and note worthy specials too (try the Korean hot pot! - Sooooo good!) The staff are prompt and polite. they aren't very chatty but I quite like that, as I prefer to be left to my friends or alone whenever I have lunch.

They have a nice little drinks selection with soft drinks, beer and even hot sake if you want! However it must be said that the great thing about this place (other than the food) is the price of everything, which is more than reasonable. A big plate of chicken fried rice with miso for approx £4.40? Bargain.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great value, tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I frequent this restaurant at least once a month as I am local to Brighton and visit for lunch, dinner & takeaway.

I have also brought friends here and they have always enjoyed the food so I am very fond of this place.
I usually recommend the Mr Noodles Yaki Soba or the Katsu Curry Rice, both very tasty. This restaurant is a great alternative to Wagamamas and half the price but does often lack atmosphere.
The staff could be more friendly and talkative but they often seem quite young so could be shy?
Only downside is I have at times been served a warm beer as they store some under the seats...not great guys!
I do often see Chinese & Japanese people eating here which is a good sign so I will continue to eat here and recommend it!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere