“Customer is always right! Not ...............!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Customer is always right! Not ...............!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Started off great - nice sunny spot outside for breakfast tea/coffee with my daughters. As soon as I added the hot water to my breakfast tea pig I could see it was not going to be a good cup! When I added milk and tasted it I returned it and queried if it was what I'd ordered. They were very good and did me a fresh one - assuring me there was nothing wrong with the original. That's fine BUT when I paid the waitress kindly asked if my tea was ok and then argued that the original one was the same. Quite rude actually.... like I was a twit to query it. Told me she could 100% guarantee it was identical both times. Won't return, plenty of other place to try.

Visited August 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best cafe for brunch breakfast ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Dropped into Mange Tout having read a review by another TA reviewer one Saturday morning. The welcome was warm and there was a gentle buzz about the place. My order was swiftly taken and I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Sussex Bacon and a pot of tea. My breakfast arrived shortly followed by my tea (a new experience). The eggs were poached perfectly, the hollandaise was creamy and rich, the bacon was a generous thick slice and cooked with a slight crisp and served on a white crusty doorstop. It was delicious, a great treat after rising a 5am to head to Brighton. I will return and hope I have the same experience other than next time i'd like my drink served before the food to make it perfect.

Overall I really recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A sunny morning wandering the North Laines we sought out Mange Tout after a recommendation from the Plateau restaurant. Excellent brunch served on a large slice of French bread. perfectly poached eggs being the default option for your eggs plus very good coffee. Staff pleasant and efficient.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Impeccable service for a great brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had a late breakfast here when staying in Brighton. The venue is great - lovely decor and perfect staff.

We had delicious hot chocolate and coffee, and a constant top up of plenty of chilled water. We both chose poached eggs and all 4 were perfected cooked and presented. Mine were served on 'wilted spinach' which had sadly gone over and was a big stringy and going brown. Still pretty tasty though.

We would definitely return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, California
“Perfect French cafe for breakfast or lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

after dining the night before at Plateau and loving it, we were recommended Mange Tout (Same owners). The food was tasty, cooked to perfection, reasonable prices. If I lived locally, I would be a regular. Great bread, which I haven't experienced at too many restaurants. We had the Madams Croque and the eggs florentine.
Outside sidewalk seating available, which is a plus.

• 5 of 5 stars Food